13

right now, they are walking back to the hospital. the two of them are silent, still not able to believe what just happened.

the scene is still fresh in their memories, and that's probably all that they can think about now.

jiraen wanted to think of something. a distraction that could make her forget everything that includes the girl and her friends.

even though she was writing something on her palm, it wasn't enough to erase the memories.

she had to open up a coversation.

"hey," yoongi looked at her, waiting for her next words. "if you weren't here, where do you think you would be?"

"i don't know." he answered honestly. "probably going to be with my friends, but they have work so maybe at home or a studio, trying to compose songs."

"that's cool."

"it's boring."

"then why do you like it if it's boring?"

yoongi gulped, "because for me, it's cool. girls from where i lived really don't like these types of things."

"well, i'm not a girl from where you lived." she said, "so it's cool. i mean, producing music and all that other cool stuffy is amazing! and real talent!"

"am i supposed to say thanks?"

"of course, you ungrateful trash! i'm supporting you here!"

he just chuckled, but didn't say anything. and that was probably the end of their conversation.

but jiraen didn't want that. it wasn't enough for her to forget the scene.

"if i would die, and i'd give you a dying favor of making your producer name suga, would you use it?"

"no."

she stopped and looked at him with an offended expression, "i'm dying!"

"yeah, rest in peace." yoongi nodded at her hand, "what have you been writing since a while ago? jeez."

"don't mind me! it's just something." she quickly hid her hand behind her. "i can't believe you wouldn't do a dying woman's favor!"

"it's not a favor, more like let-me-dig-myself-a-grave kind of thing." he shrugged. "who would want his name go be suga?"

"you!" jiraen exclaimed as she started to walk again, and he followed not too far behind her.

"beep, beep, beep, beeeeeep. patient girly has died, but i'm still not doing what she wants."

"you're mean."

"i'm being smart."

"how is not using a very cool name made by a very cool girl being smart?"

"people would ask why my name is suga. should i say, "oh because this girl was dying and this was what she wanted"?"

"yes!"

he sighed and shook his head, "whatever you say, girly."

"stop calling me girly!"

"nope." yoongi shook his head. "if you stop calling me suga then i'd think about it."

jiraen huffed and a little pout formed on her lips, "that won't be happening any time soon, then."

"well, it's a good thing we both know that."

"you're so mean."

"tell me something i don't know." he answered, his voice not in the least interested. "we're here, girly."

the two of them stopped beside the tree which they use as a ladder from his room to where they are now.

jiraen was about to complain about the nickname used, but she noticed something. "why is my room's lights off?"

"don't you always turn it off?"

"i don't. i usually keep it on so that they won't notice that i'm gone or sleeping."

"well, maybe someone turned it off or a power outage happened."

"if it was a power outage, then the lights would've been back on. but if it's the other reason, then there's a chance that they know i'm not there."

"well," yoongi leaned on the tree trunk. "you could just say you walked around the hospital or visited a few other patients. there are a lot of possibilities."

"but..." she tried to look for words to answer, but in the end she sighed. "you're right. i could just make some excuses on the spot if they ever ask where i went."

"see? it's nothing. you worry too much, girly."

"i told you to stop calling me girly."

"oh, but isn't that your name?" he asked, feigning innocence.

"excuse you, my name isㅡ"

"oh jiraen!" the pair turned their heads to the third person who yelled out the name. "where have you been?"

"oh fuck." yoongi cursed under his breath, "what do we do? shit."

"i... i'm..."

"why are you out here at night? you aren't suppose to be here, it's not safe for youㅡmin yoongi?" the head nurse stopped and eyed the man. "why are the both of you out here?"

"we went out for a walk."

"at midnight?" she raised an eyebrow. "i've had this hint of the both of you sneaking out, but i didn't have enough evidence. not that i see you..." she sighed. "be thankful, i'm not telling the others."

"we are thankfulㅡ"

"but!" the nurse stopped her, "you both are not allowed to go out anymore. i know i'm treating you like children, but the three of us know it's not safe."

"sinhaeㅡ"

"i know i'm treating you like children, but you guys have been in and out of this hospital for a few years already. and your conditions aren't getting better, to be honest. i just want what's best."

"look, sinhae, there's nothing really wrong about this. i mean, isn't it better because we can breathe in fresher air?"

"not everything outside is clean. a lot of things can harm you even if you don't notice it, jiraen." sinhae sighed. "let's go. an you," she nodded at yoongi's direction. "go up using the stairs, nobody know's you've been missing since you don't usually use the door on your room."

before the both of them could say a word, the nurse has already dragged jiraen away from the man and started to walk to the main entrance of the hospital.

yoongi's eyebrows furrowed, but before he could get any confused or pissed, jiraen looked back at him.

he mouthed a what? to her, and instead of mouthing something back, she showed him her palm.

:(

------x

this is boring bc it's long