12

even though she just lowkey confessed to the man, jiraen didn't want anything to change.

and it didn't.

it was like yoongi read her mind and just acted normal, as if nothing happened. he's not a dumb person, for sure he would've known that she just spoke out her feelings.

the both of them placed their food on the table and sat on the chairs. it was yet another night in a convenience store, but they didn't seem to get sick of it.

"you know," he started, breaking their silence. "if i were one of those people, i would cross the street now."

he was talking about a group of girls playing around near the road. they were wearing their uniforms, so they had to be still in high school.

he didn't know if they were playing a game, or just didn't have anything to and just messed around.

"well to bad, because you're not." she laughed and swallowed a mouthful of water.

the man shook his head, "they're going to be in an accident if they keep on doing that."

"don't be so negative on girls, suga. they're just having fun; who knows this might be the last time?"

he gave her a glare because of the name suga, but the both of them know that the boy is joking.

they both laughed and continued to eat their foodㅡwhich only consisted of packed fruits and water since they didn't want to risk any more of their lives. secretly going out was enough, but adding junk food would make it worse.

but then a loud crash, followed by an ear-piercing scream was heard.

the pair turned their heads to where the sound came from; the once happy group of girls were now terrified and crying.

on instinct, yoongi and jiraen both stood up and ran to the students. two out of six were crying, the two were standing still, shocked, and two were missing.

"what happened?" jiraen asked worriedly.

"j-jiyoon..." one of the crying teenagers answered with a shaking voice as she pointed at a direction.

they looked at where the finger was pointing and there they saw a girl on the ground, surrounded by a pool of her own blood.

the other girl was beside her, shaking her friend. "jiyoon! what are you doing? you're not supposed to be closing your eyes! open them!" she screamed, tears falling from her eyes as she spoke.

yoongi and jiraen ran towards the girl, leaving the other four. "oh my gosh." jiraen gasped as soon as she got a closer look. "call the emergency number, now!"

yoongi nodded and ran to the convenience store to call for some help while jiraen knelt down and look at the other girl, "what happened to her?"

"we... we were crossing the street and..." she sniffed and wiped off the tears on her face. "this truck suddenly came by. jiyoon was just laughing with us, but then she... she's here..."

"don't panic, okay? help is coming and they're going to save your friend."

"but i can't! what if they can't help her? what if today's her last dayㅡ"

"don't say that!" a friend yelled from behind.

it seemed like they finally had the courage to go near, because jiraen could hear their footsteps from her back. but once they got closer, they gasped and cried louderㅡa reaction which was expected.

jiyoon looked terrible, not in terms of looks but of her state. almost all her clothes were red because of the blood, but her bag was clutched by yeonseo who was still shaking her.

yoongi came back running and panting, "i already called them."

"i need you to call this girl's guardian. we need to perform surgery as soon as possible, it would help all of us if you do it right now." the doctor stated, sounding firm but also worried at the same time.

one of the girls nodded and got her phone to do what they were told, the five stayed with yoongi and jiraen, still sobbing.

"is she going to be okay?"

"we don't know, sir. they hit was hard and it's..." he paused, eyeing the two. "why are you wearing hospital attires?"

the pair was taken aback, "i-it's for a play! don't change the topic, doctor."

"as i was saying, the hit was hard and it's hard for us to tell if the patient will survive or notㅡ"

"she will!" jiraen exclaimed, laughing nervously before facing the girls. "jiyoon's a strong girl, isn't she?"

despite what was happening, jiraen managed to crack small smiles on their faces as they nodded. yoongi was amused at the sight.

just then, the girl who called the parents came back, "they're coming."

the doctor nodded, "i'm going to check on her and some other patients. you can wait over there, until her parents arrive or if something happens."

the bunch rushed to the waiting area, stuck together as they reassured each other with comforting words.

yoongi and jiraen stood there, still processing what has happened. one minute they were eating at a convenience store they weren't supposed to be, the other they're at the hospital helping a girl and her friends.

but then jiraen sighed, "but what the sad thing is?"

"what?"

"she's pretty."

------x

woops i'm back