05

"do you think stars are real?"

yoongi looked at her with confusion, "of course?" he answered, not too sure with what he said. "i mean if they weren't then what are we looking at right now?"

the both of them were inside a classroom of the elementary campus they decided to visit. they were seated on chairs near the window, looking at the sky above them.

"i don't know." jiraen shrugged, "what if they're not really what they seem like they are?"

"then what are those bright dots on the sky called if they're not stars?"

"what if," she looked at him. "there's this really big creature that has large handkerchief."

"what?"

she didn't answer him and continued, "and then every night, mr. giant would cover half of the world with his handerchief."

"mr. giant?" jiraen glared at the boy, which made him raise both of his arms up in defeat but still gave her judging looks.

"the part where he covers half of the world with his handkerchief is where night starts."

"where... is this going, exactly?" he raised an eyebrow, before sighing when she warned him with her eyes. "so what does mr. giant and his handkerchief have anything to do with stars?"

"so one night, mr. giant's handkerchief was attacked by... bad creatures, yeah." she nodded, "which ended up with mr. giant's handkerchief to have holes."

"and then?"

"that's why, when mr. giant covers our world with his handkerchief again, the holes can be seen." she looked out the window, "and those holes are what we call stars."

jiraen nodded after that, looking satisfied with her answer. but yoongi just knitted his eyebrows, still confused with the girl.

"how..." he tried to find the right words to ask before continuing, "how old are you again?"

"i'm old enough." she mumbled, focused om watching the sky instead of thee man beside her.

"yeah, but that's not a number. are you sure you're not eight?"

"i'm sure i'm not eight." she answered firmly, but then her voice softened as she talked again, "there are nights where some stars appear more than the others, right?"

yoongi nodded despite his still confused state, "yeah?"

"that means mr. giant didn't fix the wounds of the handkerchief yet."

"wounds?"

"since those bad creatures attack the handkerchief, it's wounds." she shrugged. "just like us, humans. when we get hurt emotionally, invisible wounds appear on our hearts."

jiraen turned to him and gave him a sad smile, "and when we try to heal those wounds, more of them will appear. that's the cycle that would keep on going."

"hey, girly."

"yeah?"

"do you have the handkerchief with holes?"

she exhaled, and the sound was heard way more depressed that she thought, "don't we all?"

"yeah..." he sighed, "we do have wounded handkerchiefs."

"want to be each other's mr. giant?"

if this was any other day, yoongi would've thought the was question stupid. but for some reason, he found himself nodding slowly.

"sure."

------x

mr giant istg aki