Chapter 9

Harry's POV:

I walked hastily to the room 207. My stomach did a flip-flop, and I was feeling nervous. Nervous about facing Zayn after I've behaved so poorly, nervous about seeing the doctor after I'd run our like a child. But most significantly, nervous about seeing my child.

I stopped when I got to the door. I wasn't quite ready to enter yet. I was preparing for Zayn to be furious with me, and I was preparing to see the tiny life-form I had helped create. I peered in the window and watched the two men in the room.

The doctor was rubbing a wand over Zayn's gel-covered, bare stomach. Zayn's nose was stuck in a pamphlet. I squinted to read what the title was; "Baby & Me: Newborn's Pamphelt". It seems like Zayn is 100% ready for this. It's almost like he doesn't know what a huge responsibility it is. I think that's why I freaked out. I was scared of responsibility. And shocked. I didn't know dudes could get pregnant.

Would the baby come out of his willy?

I shook my head, dismissing that thought. Focus, Harry.

I raised a hand to knock on the door then stopped before my hand pounded against the hard wood. Zayn's head lifted in the direction of the screen. His face lite up and he smiled with his tongue between his teeth. I grinned while looking at him; I love his smile.

I looked at the screen, but it was turned away from me. I was ready. I wanted to see the baby.

I timidly knocked on the door. Zayn's head spun my way. The doctor's head turned with his. He then stood to his feet and shuffled towards me. The silver knob rattled, then the door fully opened. My eyes met Zayn's, and his expression automatically turned cold.

I forced an awkward grin. "Hi."

"Hello! Are you the other father?" The doctor asked in a friendly tone that seemed a bit fraud. I'll bet he felt the tension.

"Erm, yes,"

Zayn shook his head then stared back at the screen. The smile returned to his lips.

The doctor sat down beside Zayn again and placed the wand back on his tummy. I leant against the wall and peaked at the ultrasound. I felt my heart swell when I saw the small creature on the screen.

I made this, I thought. I helped give this child life. I love it.

I love it. I love this child, this baby that belongs to Zayn and I. It's mine, ours. It's beautiful.

"Anyways, Zayn, would you like to hear something cool?" the doctor asked, spinning round in his chair and placing his hands on the ultasound machine.

"Yeah, what is it?" Zayn leaned up on his elbows.

The doctor smiled to himself the flipped a switch on the machine. The sound of fluids could be heard from the speakers. I closed my eyes and listened closely, and I heard the miracle.

I heard Zayn gasp slightly, "It's heartbeat!"

A wide smile spread across my mouth. I focused on steady thump of the baby's heart. My baby's heart. Our baby's heart.

"That's incredible." I spoke quietly. I felt my eyes wettening.

Zayn glanced over at me. "Do you still want to kill it, Styles?" he spat coldly.

The lump in my throat returned. "No. I'm sorry."

He simply shook his head then returned his attention to the screen. My stomach felt uneasy.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Zayn's POV

I felt so happy! I could hear my little baby's heartbeat. One of my loves has it's own heart. And Harry came! I was extremely mad at him, but I couldn't deny that I was chuffed to see him.

However, I wouldn't let Harry know I was happy. I was still very irritated with him. I'm still unable to fathom that he would even think about that as an option. It's murder; it's evil.

"That's incredible." I heard Harry say in almost a whisper. I turned towards him and looked at him with cold eyes.

"Do you still want to kill it, Styles?"

Harry swallowed. "No. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry.

I cried myself to sleep for three days straight after he suggested destorying a precious thing that we created together and all he has to say for himself is sorry. I shook my head then turned my head back to the monitor. I smiled at the beautiful child.

***

Dr. Adams gave me my prescription and a couple more pamphlets then said I was free to go. I began walking out of the hospital alone.

"Zayn, wait, please," He breathed. I shivered as he took my hand in his.

I huffed then yanked it away and stopped out to the car. I got in and started the engine. Before Harry could stop me, I started driving.

I ran my fingers through my hair and kept the other hand on the wheel. I felt bad for being bitter towards Harry. He'd have to drive his car home anyways, though.

I want him to want this baby too. I want him to be in this with me. It's so stressful within itself, and not having someone to support me is slowly killing me. I need Harry now, more than anything.

I pulled into the driveway. After exiting the vehicle, I walked inside the flat and slumped down on the couch and lie my head down on the pillow. Something that sounded like paper crumpled underneath me. I furrowed my eyebrows then reached under the pillow.

I pulled out the piece of paper that Harry stashed there earlier and examined it. I smiled slightly when I realised he had been looking at the ultrasound picture. Where'd he get this from?

The opening of the door pulled me from my thoughts. A teary-eyed Harry stood in the doorway staring at me.

"Zayn, I-"

"C'mere." I spoke sternly. cutting him off.

Harry unsuredly stepped towards me. When he reached the couch, I stood up and face him. I picked up a pillow and held it in my hands. I glared at Harry then began relentlessly beating him with the pillow.

Harry threw his hands up to block my attack. "What're you doing!?"

I ignored his question and continued hitting him harshly. When my arms grew tired, I tossed the pillow to the ground then screamed at him, top of my voice. "DON'T EVER SAY YOU WANT TO GET RID OF MY BABY EVER AGAIN! IF YOU EVEN TALK ABOUT HURTING MY CHILD IN ANY WAY I WILL CUT OFF YOUR PENIS AND REATTACH IT TO YOUR FOREHEAD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!"

He nodded miserabley. "I'm sorry."

I paused and took in his remorseful expression. I breathe out, "You should be."

I turned away from him and stopped up the stairs up to my bedroom. I slammed the door hard as I could, so he would know that I'm stiil angry. I fell on the bed and began bawling once again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: hello, my pretties. i am absolutely gobbsmacked by the number of reads this fanficiton is receiveing. thank you to everyone whose given it a go! tell you friends, tell you mum, and tell your dog to read Julia bc i love you

-Julia