❧ Cold ☙

I just put on my uniform when the train stopped sharply. Not expecting it, my back hit the locked door and I fell down. Slowly, I got up and unlocked the door, peeking out to the corridor. The lights started to flash, but soon they stopped and left the train be taken from darkness. Then a rough quake made me fall in the corridor, luckily I was fast enough to reach out my hands, so I wouldn't fall on my face. Few female screams came from the cabins around me and fear took over me, only to be greeted with coldness. My lips parted at the sudden feel of cold touching my skin and when I exhaled, a warm steam escaped my mouth. I didn't know what to do, so I started to walk in the corridor where the familiar compartment of the boys was. It got colder with each passing second.
"Tristan?" I called out his name unsure if it was the right thing to do, but still hoping he will hear me.
Most of the students had pulled their cabin curtains, so I felt like in a trap. Even the Gryffindor's compartment. I speed up my tracks, knowing that Tristan's cabin was few feet away, but then a strange noise came from behind me. I was too scared to turn around, but with the edge of my eye I could see that the window beside me was beginning to cover with frost. The steam from my mouth became thicker and my heartbeat speed up beyond measure. I could hear how it breathed behind me, as a sick, dying person. With trembling body, I slowly turned my head a bit, only for my eyes to meet a dark cloaked figure. When I completely turned around I saw that it wasn't a person, it was a creature, which I have never seen before in my life. A loud scream escaped from my lungs as I took steps back from it.
"TRISTAN!" I screamed with all my voice, but after that I felt powerless.
Depression and despair took over me, I pulled out my wand, but it was too heavy and I dropped it on the ground, only for my body to follow it down. The dark creature bend over me and it's bone fingers reached towards me.
"Expecto Patronum!" I heard someone shout behind me and then a light followed which chased away the creature. My chest was moving up and down with fear and I quickly turned head to look at the person who saved me. My eyes became wider, if that was even possible, as I saw Tristan holding his wand. He quickly knelt down and helped me to get on my feet. My hands rested on his chest, to feel that his heartbeat was as fast as my own, he was scared as well, but despite that fact he saved me. He held me by the shoulders, still not letting go, probably because he thought I could fall if he let me go. When my breathing calmed down I swallowed, allowing myself to look up and meet his eyes.
"Are you alright?" He was taller than me, so he tilted his head on one side.
I gave quick nods and decided that it was time for me to pull away.
"Thank you..." My hand moved a strand of hair behind my ear and looked at the ground. Realizing that the boy I despised in my childhood now saved me, more over I screamed to him for help.
"It's al-..." But another rough quake shook the train and cut him off, causing me to gasp. His hands took my shoulders again and pulled me towards him to support me with his weight.
Shortly, the lights came back and the train started to move again. Tristan and I pulled away from each other and a smile played on our lips from the blushes we were seeing on our faces.
"Thank you again." I chuckled out and he straightened his back, to show pride of what he did.
"You're welcome." We awkwardly stared at each other, until he spoke again. "Well I should be..."
"Yea, you should..."
"Yes, well... see you later, Gee." He started to step back and before he turned his back on me I replied with a simple and quiet "Bye."
The rest of the ride wasn't long, I stayed for ten minutes in the corridor before we arrived at Hogwarts. I was scared of what more was about to come out from this year, but not so alone anymore.