❧ News ☙

It was a week after Lydia and Miles went on a date and finally became a couple. I actually felt lonely, because of it, since she was always with her boyfriend. She started getting up before me, so she could meet up with Miles earlier than the usual time. Her euphoria was cute in some way, but sometimes I wanted to shut the butterflies around her and study in peace.
As it became a habit of hers, she woke me up as she shut the door of our dorm on her way out. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched. Morning was my enemy since I can remember. I didn't find it hard to get out of bed, but to act like a civilized person was something very difficult for the first half an hour. I did find a way to kill that time by showering, but of course I couldn't shower everyday for half an hour, so fifteen minutes I had to avoid any contact with anyone.
When I was done with my routine I went to the Great Hall to have my breakfast. But the moment I entered inside everyone came to pat me on the back with smiles and even hugged me.
"Congratulations!" Almost everyone said when they were touching me. I didn't like it, not one bit.
"Oi, Gee! Good job to your father!" Fred called from his table with full mouth.
"Erm...?" I made a sound hoping someone will get it and answer me.
"Read this." Tristan came and handed me the newspaper.
I read it carefully and couldn't believe it. My dad was the new captain of the Irish Quidditch Team. I looked at Tristan and handed back the newspaper. Everyone stayed quiet at my emotionless expression. I made my way to the table and sat down getting food in my plate. My dad did it, all these years of hard working and he finally did it.
"Gee?" Lydia sat beside me and gave me a concerned look. All this time literally living with me and she still wasn't used to my morning personality. But I guess they all expected me to receive a reaction with these news.
"Hmm?"
"Aren't you happy?" Her question annoyed me. Of course, I was!
"Yeah." First word for today, it was a good beginning, thou my voice still sounded very odd.
She gave me a quick, understanding nod and we both drank from our tea. In few minutes I took the newspaper again and fully read the article. I looked at the picture which was beside the text and my eyes widened. He was smiling in the picture, but beside him stood a woman which he held by the waist. Who is she? Dad never told me that he was seeing a woman. The child in me cried out and I felt sad. First because he forgot my mother and second because he didn't trust to tell me.
Lydia noticed that I stared at the picture and she chuckled.
"They look cute together. Don't they? I still remember the article from the last's month newspaper and how your dad said that he felt safe in her hands." I almost spit the tea from my mouth.
"What?!" And my normal self was back as well as my voice.
"Didn't you read it?" I seriously have to start reading the newspapers.
"No?"
"She's the personal healer for the Irish Quidditch Team. During practice your father got injured and she healed him. I thought he told you?"
"No, he didn't." I wiped my mouth with a napkin and excused myself from the table.
I couldn't believe it, everyone knew except for me. My own father never mentioned it in his letters. I wasn't mad that he was dating some woman, he had all the rights to do so. But I hated the fact that he hid it away from me. I knew that if mum was still alive she would be crashed. She loved my father and the sadness she felt because of him was the reason she was gone.

Tristan's POV

   I followed how Georgiana stormed out the Great Hall, I knew that for her morning personality this was too much for her.
"Did I say something?" Lydia looked at me clueless.
"No." I got up and walked out the hall as well.
    Looking around I didn't spot her so I took the way to the courtyards, assuming she will go there to clear out her head. As soon as I got there I found out I was right.
She was sitting on one of the stone benches there, playing with her hair. The morning sun was making her glow in faint white light. I hated the fact that when we were kids I gave her such a hard time and made her feel unwanted. I hated it, because now she was returning the favor with her sarcastic comments and cold attitude.
I swallowed the doubts if I should go there or not and walked towards the bench. When I sat down she looked up at me to reveal her watery eyes.
"He-..." I couldn't even say a word when I felt her head rest on my chest. Her silent sobs killed me. I slowly allowed myself to caress her back and hopefully make her relax a bit.
When her breathing calmed and the sobs were gone I decided to speak up.
"Why were you crying?" I prepared myself for a comeback comment from her, but it never came.
"He never told me..." It was enough for me to get what was going thru her mind and what saddened her.
"Maybe he has a reason behind it?" Aidan loves his daughter, so I doubt he will ever do something that will hurt her.
She didn't say a word she just made her head more comfortably buried to my neck. Her breath was calm but I felt a tear rolling down my skin. Chills were racing down my spine like a storm on my skin.
"Just speak to him, he loves you." I whispered to her ear and she wrapped her hands behind my back. With shaking hands I hugged her back, but the moment didn't last long. She pulled away and wiped away her tears.
"Thanks, Tristan." She shot me a grateful smile and walked away, leaving me on the bench stunned.
She was always an ocean of emotions, I wanted to calm her when she was restless. But then this meant something very serious... it wasn't just a crush as I told Miles. But it was foolish of me to think I stood a chance with her. I could have any girl in the school, why did I had to pick this one. I grunted in my head at my dim witted feelings. I was thinking almost every day of when I saw her in the train. Her eyes sent electricity all over my body and I realized that my soul was attracted by hers. It was painful to remind myself that it was useless.