❧ Never Been Kissed ☙

The next few days Umbridge struggled a lot from the pranks of the twins.
I was sitting at the Great Hall, having my breakfast when Batsheba flew in and delivered a letter from Konrad. I was happy to read that he was doing well and that his sister was happy receiving the candies I sent. I pulled out papers from my bag and began writing down my reply to him with excitement.
In ten minutes I was done and headed to the owlery. The wind was blowing snowflakes at my face and I found it hard to reach the final floor, but in the end succeeded. While attaching the letter to Batsheba's leg I realized that Konrad and Tristan were a lot alike. They even smelled the same way. I wondered if that was the reason he stepped up for him that day.
"Be careful." I whispered to the bird as she flew away.
On my way back to the castle I was stopped by someone who stepped in front of me. Looking up, I met the hazel eyes of Fred Weasley.
"Now will you go out with me?" He bent down so his face could be straight in line with mine.
I crossed my arms and studied his smile which awaited my answer.
"FINE!" I yelled out with shut eyes and grunted as I opened them to see his wide open eyes.
We stayed in silence for a minute, him realizing what I just said.
"FINALLY!" He yelled back with arms lifted up in the air.
This time my eyes were the surprised ones.
"I will pick you up from the Great Hall tomorrow."
"Tomorrow?" I gave him a puzzled look and he chuckled.
"It's the trip to Hogsmeade before the holidays." My jaw dropped, I had completely forgot. "You alright, Lynch?" He asked placing his hand on my shoulder.
I blinked few times, realizing that I didn't know if I should return back home or not.
"Yes... I just remembered something."
"Can I help in some way?"
"No." I sharply answered and realized that it was rude. "I mean, no thank you." He noticed my panic and gave me the space I needed by waving goodbye and walking away.
How could I return home when I haven't spoke with my father since moths? It was a question that tortured me the whole day and night.
The next morning just like Fred said he picked me up from the Great Hall, but on our way out I was stopped by Tristan.
"Georgiana." I didn't take any further steps, letting Fred walk forward alone.
"Tristan, I-..."
"You should have nothing do to with him." He said and came closer to me. "He's not good enough for you." My eyes widened at the sudden change of thoughts for Fred.
"He is a perfectly decent guy." I defended and gave him a cold glare before turning to walk away.
"That's not what I believe." He said and I quickly turned around.
"Why?"
"Just stay clear, don't listen to him, don't believe him."
"And what is to you?" I asked surprised, fearing his odd instinct of protecting me was working again. I have never seen him so tensed and worried. But then I remembered that he acted the same way when I agreed to go with Konrad to the Yule Ball.
"I am not such a fool as to imagine that I might stand a chance now, but don't think that I am content to stay with nobody in my life. One day I will leave you, you can be sure of that. But now I care for you too much to see you go ruined because of him." My lips parted at his long statement and was left speechless. "So, if you don't mind I will..." He looked at me as if he realized that I will probably never be his. "I'll stay by your side." He bowed his head in the same way Konrad always did. "Enjoy your day." He turned around and walked away, leaving me there standing alone.
Slowly I turned around and looked at Fred who waited for me in the distance with smile on his face. We headed to Hogsmeade where we sat in the famous inn which we all loved so much. Taking our drinks from the bar we sat at a table for two and began talking. Mostly for the Quidditch match, it seems it was still bothering him a lot. Noticing that after half an hour discussing that subject I got bored, he asked about what I will do this Christmas.
"Well, I am not sure."
"How come?" He asked before drinking from his beer.
I explained to him the situation between me and my father and he listened without stopping me once. Everything seemed right, so I was relaxed that Tristan was probably overreacting.
"No wonder you are so tensed." He shrugged his shoulders.
"I am not." I defended, but he gave me a puzzled look which was asking if I believed myself. "I am not, Weasley." I denied again.
"Well then..." He placed his elbows on the table and leaned closer to me, inches away from my face. "If you weren't then your lip wouldn't be trembling now." He smirked and pulled away.
"You were inches away from my face, of course I would be." I gasped and he bit the skin on his thumb.
"Are you saying no one has ever reached your lips?" My cheeks turned crimson by his question. "Dear Merlin, even the Durmstrang guy?" Noticing that I was getting more and more uncomfortable he let out a chuckle.
"I don't see anything funny." I mumbled and looked straight into his eyes.
"You are, love." My eyes widened at the word he used to address me.
"Don't call me that." I demanded and grabbed the mug tightly with both hands.
"Why?" He shrugged his shoulders and leaned his back on the chair.
"Because you can't." I quickly answered and he chuckled again.
"No one ever said I can't."
"Well you are nothing to me, you can't just call me love, because it is what you have pleased."
"Oh, but I can, love." He smirked and eyed my lips. "The medieval behavior does not exist anymore. I can kiss you here and right now and all of your well built walls will fall." My eyes widened and I couldn't hide the offended look on my face.
"No, you can't. Because it takes two." I stood up and put on my coat before leaving the inn.
He followed behind in a minute and grabbed my wrist, turning me around to face him. His other hand wrapped around my waist and pushed my body to his, making me let out the breath in my lungs escape from the lips.
"You will be too tempted to see what it feels like, that you will be willing to try it, love." He whispered in my ear.
I pulled myself from his grip and stared at him in shock as he laughed out.
"You're so fun to tease, Gee. Forgive me, I couldn't help it." He held his stomach and chuckled the words.
Anger boiled in me and I pushed him, making him fall in the snowy ground.
"You blithering idiot! Why did I ever agree on going out with you!" I shouted out while throwing snow at him with both my hands.
He managed to grab my ankle and pull it towards him, causing me to fall on my back and let out a yelp as he threw snow on me.
"Stop it!"
"Make me!"
I jumped on him pinning him to the ground. Our eyes were locked and the steams from our mouth were mixing together in one.
"Enough." I whispered and was about to get up from him, but he turned me around an pinned me down this time.
His face was so close to mine, that I couldn't help but wonder if he will do what he said he is capable of.
"I would give you ten galleons as well, Fred. I didn't think you will go that far with the snake." A girl called from aside and when I looked up I saw Angelina with her friends, staring down at us. My gaze quickly moved back to Fred.
"What?" I whispered out with shaking voice and scared eyes. He remained silent, so I pushed him off me and stood up.
"Strange that you didn't know. I thought that you were denying him so much, because you knew of the bet he made." Angelina explained with crossed arms.
My lips parted, but were left speechless.
"Gee..." He said as he stood up, but I cut him off with a slap across the cheek. The girls gasped and giggled, while I held the urge to cry.
"Don't you dare... don't you dare say another word to me." I passed by him, but he grabbed my wrist.
"Gee, please listen!" He held tight while I tried to pull my hand away. "Yes, at first it was, but then I realized that I wanted to-..."
"No!" I said and pulled out my hand, but not quick enough, so he catch it again. "I don't want to hear anything from you!" I tossed my hand, trying to escape again. "Leave me alone!" I yelled from my lungs and he let go.
I felt so stupid. How could it not cross my mind that Fred Weasley, the famous prankster, actually was faking it all because of a price he chased? And to think that I actually wanted to kiss him? Why didn't I listen to Tristan, just this once?