❧ Bubbles ☙

When I was little mum always read to me bedtime stories. I was getting scared or worried at the middle of it every time, but she always told me that in the end everything will be fine and everyone will be happy, and she was always right. Sadly, life wasn't a bedtime story. After the accidents at the Quidditch match, where lots of players were injured, happened something terrifying. Sirius Black broke inside the castle. Gryffindor had to spend one night sleeping in the Great Hall and we were all scared from the fact that he managed to pass through the Dementors. But today I think I gave a new reason for the twins to fear for their lives... me.
     Divination just ended and I, alongside my house mates, was walking through the corridors. Lydia was busy flirting with Miles, so I was walking alone in the end. I held the books close to my chest and was so lost in thoughts about everything that was happening lately at Hogwarts, that I didn't hear the first time someone called my name from behind.
"Gee!" I turned around and spotted Tristan running to me. "Do you have a minute?" It was the first time he decided to speak to me since the day I called him a coward.
"Depends." I gave him a suspicious glare and he chuckled.
"Please?" His lips curved in a side smile and I couldn't deny that he was attractive with it.
"Alright." I turned on my heels and started to walk again, but this time not alone.
We were the only ones walking in the corridor on the fifth floor, but this time being next to him didn't feel so awkward as before.
"Look I am sorry about the last time, you were right, I am a coward." He said it in a quick manner hoping I won't catch his words.
"It's alright, I went too far with my judgment. You were worried for the team, you are the captain and a good one in that matter." I gave him a blushing smile and I noticed a slight blush playing on his cheeks as well.
"Than-..." But he stopped when we heard girls scream and laughs echo thru the corridor. We looked at each other and decided to check out what was happening.
    When we reached the fourth door to the left of the statue of Boris the Bewildered, we noticed that it was slightly open and we peeked inside only to see bubbles flying around a huge bathroom.
"What is this place?" I whispered to Tristan.
"The Prefects' bathroom."
"Wow." In one side of the room were the stalls with toilets inside. Opposite the toilets was a large, swimming pool-like tub with bath taps surrounding it. They were different-coloured bath water and bubbles.
"Are we allowed here as well?" I gave a puzzled look at Tristan when I scanned the place.
"No, only Prefects."
"Then why are Gryffindors swimming there?" My question made him look closely and his mouth dropped.
"Come on! It will be fun girls!" Fred and George were swimming around the huge pool-bathtub. The girls they called to were Angelina and Alicia, another girl from their team, to join them in. I spotted Lee swimming there as well.
   Tristan and I sneaked inside and hid behind pillars, for some reason I wanted to return them the favor for pranking me every week since the beginning of the school year. The other reason was because I felt a pit of jealousy when I saw Angelina swimming around Fred. We were fifteen years old and they were flirting and teasing in the bathroom, I could not believe my eyes.
"Shall we see what hides under the bubbles, George?" Fred suggested and the girls giggled. They squeaked when the twins got under the water. My whole face was burning from embarrassment. I pulled out my wand and pointed at the water.
"Relashio." I muttered and a shot of boiling water soared towards them.
"Ouch! Not cool, George!"
"I wasn't me, Fred."
The twins looked at each other and then at the others who raised their hands to prove that they haven't done anything. Fred scanned the room and met my eyes before I could hide my head behind the pillar. I looked at Tristan, begging him to think of something when I heard the noise of someone getting out of the water. My chest was moving up and down faster with each step I heard getting close to me. I let out a yelp when someone quickly pulled me out of my hiding spot and placed his hand on my mouth to shush me.
"Look what we have here, George." Fred's breath brushed my skin. "A little snake spying up on us." I was repulsed by his words and bit his hand, making him move it away.
"Ouch."
"Good thing she isn't poisonous, Freddie." Angelina voice came from behind us.
Fred started to walk backwards while still having my back pressed against his chest.
"Gee, you want to swim with us?" George chuckled out when his brother stopped at the edge of the pool wall.
"TRISTAN!" I yelled out, freaking by their odd behavior and crazy laughs.
He came out from his hiding spot and everyone stopped laughing.
"Oh, you brought a friend." Fred pushed me from his body, but held my wrist tight, holding me from falling in the water.
"Let her go, Weasley!" Fred laughed at Tristan's demand.
"Very poor choice of words, Ryan." The moment he said it he let go of me.
I screamed before I fall underwater and when I swam up I wiped the foam from my face and grunted.
"You're dead, Weasley!" But there was no response, just dead silence which rang with the echo of my voice. I followed the eyes of everyone and spotted two figured looking at us.
"Unbelievable!" Professor McGonagall sharply said in a whisper. "Get out! Immediately!" I took Tristan's reaching hand for me and he pulled me out of the pool.
Snape and McGonagall looked at my dripping uniform and assumed that I wasn't part of what the Gryffindors were doing.
"I'll take care of those two." Snape's monotone voice lowly spoke, while he grabbed both of us by our upper arm and stormed out with us.
The yells of Professor McGonagall were ringing thru the corridor.
    When we reached Snape's office, he pushed us inside and closed the door with fierce. My body was shaking from the fact I was getting cold.
"Care to explain what you two were doing there, knowing that it was forbidden?" He sat down at his desk and waited for our response. We explained the situation and proved that we weren't guilty of anything, but that didn't save us from detention.
"You will be forbidden to visit Hogsmeade this weekend."
"But, Sir, it's the trip before the holidays!" I whined like a little kid.
"Don't make me change your detention, Lynch." He threatened and I shut my mouth. "You're free to go."
Tristan and I assumed that he was actually in a good mood, we were expecting much worse detention from him.
   During dinner we were shooting glares to the Gryffindor table and they replied with the same manner. Gossips spread fast and soon the truth to why they were acting so strange was answered. Lee Jordan brought Firewhiskey bottle inside the school and since the twins weren't allowed to go to Hogsmeade back then, they decided to drink it in the Prefects bathroom with the girls. I could see the embarrassment written all over their faces, but I didn't feel sorry for them. Fred looked at me with begging eyes for forgiveness, while I gave him a death glare. The good thing was that soon I will be returning back home and taking a break from those two. I guess that was my happy ending for today.