❧ Reflection ☙

The so awaited day came and went away quickly. I just went to buy sweets and returned to the castle where I sent half of them to Konrad for his sister. I noticed that most Gryffindors were missing around the inn and shops, but it was none of my business, all I cared was to return back to the warm castle. I was somehow in dull mood the whole day, so I stayed in my dorm until dinner time came.
I got up from bed and looked at the mirror to fix my hair when all of the sudden something dragged my attention to the windows. Turning around I saw a figure in the water, knocking on the glass.
"DEAR MERLIN!" I shouted out and ran to the window, scared for the life of Fred Weasley. But when I got closer I saw he had used a bubble-head charm so he could breath underwater. From worried my mood turned to an angry one. "Are you out of your mind?!" My question only made him chuckle.
"Will you go out with me?" I blinked stunned of what he did just to ask me out.
"Get out of there! You'll freeze!" I ignored his question and focused on what was more important.
"Will you go out with me?"
"No!" If someone was listening to me outside the dorm will think I've gone mental.
"Then I won't get out!" I grunted at his stubbornness.
"Are you out of your mind, Weasley?" I asked with angry glare, but then my eyes spotted the fishes behind him dancing upside down and I softened. Maybe if I just allowed him to pass though my walls, this whole turning upside down will stop?
"I am out of my mind, Georgiana. I bloody am! Why do you think I am asking you out?" My lips parted lightly at his confession and were left speechless for a brief moment.
"I-I... We will talk if you come out." His eyes held emotions of anger and disbelief, but he swam up and probably headed to his common room to dry out.
The next morning I was at the library reading a book when Lydia came rushing inside searching for me.
"There you are." She breathed out and handed me a newspaper. I gave her a puzzled look and took it from her hands.
On the front page was a picture of my father holding a baby. My stomach got into a tight ball and my hands began to shake. I felt strange. Happy, but strange... he didn't tell me.
"Gee?" Lydia's voice brought me back to reality and I looked her with watery eyes.
"I have a sister..." I tried to smile, but I was still shocked and failed in my attempt.
My friend began congratulating me, but I couldn't react to her excitement.
"I need air." I mumbled and got up from my seat, heading outside.
My numb mind forgot that it was winter and I will freeze if I don't wear a coat, so when I stopped at the bridge I regretted my decision on going outside. I hugged myself and stared at the lake, the wind howled like wolf making me shiver from its cold noise.
"Gee?" A husky voice called from aside, I was sure it didn't belong to Fred.
Turning around I spotted Tristan with hands in his pockets staring at me. He looked so handsome in his coat and Slytherin scarf, the fact that he wore a hat with the same colours made him even more stylish. Realizing that I was actually thinking all of that made me blush, but my eyes didn't move away. He stepped closer to me and gazed deep in my blue eyes.
"I don't want to talk about it, Tristan." I said, knowing he was here to comfort me like he always did.
"I didn't ask you to." He calmly replied.
I looked away hiding the emotions which were written all over my face, but then something heavy landing on my shoulders made me look back at him.
"You'll get cold." He said removing his scarf as well and wrapping it around my neck.
I stared at him wondering why was he always so caring and kind when I needed it, but in the other time he was so cold and quiet.
"Thank you." I whispered out and the hot steam which escaped my mouth danced in the air.
His grey eyes were so lonely, yet so bold. I could stare at them for hours and I still wouldn't be able to tell the emotions which they held. The wind blew again and his familiar scent of forest hit my nose. It immediately calmed me down and I closed my eyes. Tristan noticed that and took a step closer to me. I locked my gaze with his and didn't step back. We were inches apart and that didn't bother me for the first time, in fact I welcomed it. It felt so right to be standing there with him and it surprised me.
"Forgive me." He finally broke the silence between us. "It was a mistake to not be willing to be with you." I blinked realizing that my words from last year were torturing him still.
"No, I am sorry... I shouldn't have said that to you." Guilt formed into my stomach and ashamed of my words back then I looked away.
His chuckle made me peek at him, surprised that he actually didn't react in a bad way.
"What is so funny?" He looked at me seriously and confused me. "Tristan, I don't understand you at all!" I grunted. "You're confusing me."
"How come?"
"Well... you look at me, yet most of the time you never speak. I apologize to you, you laugh. I can't understand you." I quickly said in frustration. "You're doing it again!" I shouted out when I saw him smiling down at me.
"There are accents in the eye which are not on the tongue, Georgiana." His sentence was way too deep for my emotional statement, so I just stared at him speechless.

Tristan's POV

I looked down at the girl who was struggling with my well hidden feelings and admired her. She spoke so fast and out of logic, picking one thing and then another to prove how confused she was and I couldn't help but smile down at her.
"You're doing it again!"
I thought for a moment if I should tell her straight, but decided not to.
"There are accents in the eye which are not on the tongue, Georgiana." I tried to sound as calm as possible so the sentence could sank deep in her mind. I didn't expect her to just stay quiet, but the silence between us was a bliss and I allowed myself to gaze down at her blue eyes. I was so surprised when I looked at her, because in them I realized a reflection of my own soul. I couldn't deny the fact that she was my weakness, the chink in my armor, but I wasn't sure for how long I could still live with it.
"We should go back, you'll catch a cold." Her soft voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I gave her a nod.