❧ Butterflies ☙

It was amazing what magic and imagination could do. I spent hours trying to make my dress and when I finally succeeded I couldn't believe with my eyes what I created. I feared that I will drag too much attention with it, but it was the only thing I had. I watched how the butterflies flew around me as most of them covered my body like a cloth, and prayed that they won't fly away. Victoria, my father's girlfriend, was kind enough to find me shoes and send them in time for the Ball. I put my hair in a bun and took a deep breath as I looked at the mirror one last time.
    The common room was empty, which for me was good. I was glad that Lydia went to dress up in the dorm of other girls, because I didn't want her to see my dress, not while we are alone. Taking the stairs to the Great Hall was making me nervous. With each step my palms were covering with cold sweat and my mind was telling me to turn around and leave while I still could. The noises were getting louder and when I reached the staircase for the Great Hall I peeked from the corner to spot my friends and Konrad in front of the doors.
"The first step is always the hardest one." Someone said and I turned around to see Professor Dumbledore gazing down at me with a kind smile.
"Professor..." I felt my cheeks heat up, feeling uncomfortable with my dress. "If I will get detention because of what I am wearing, please tell me. I won't go down and-..." But he raised his hand up to shush me.
"Are you asking me to give you a reason not to go down, Miss Lynch?" His voice was calm and tender.
"I-I..." He peeked from the corned and the corners of his lips softly turned up.
"I don't think the young prince will enjoy his night if I send you away for such a silly reason." He looked at me from toe to head and met my eyes. "Ten points for Slytherin for creativity, Miss Lynch." With that he walked past me and entered the Great Hall.
The light compliment he did turned my cheeks crimson and in few minutes I gathered the strength to finally take the steps.

Tristan's POV

  I was waiting in front of the Great Hall with Miles and Lydia. I suppose Claire was still getting ready, which was getting on my nerves, I was never a patient person. While waiting I was looking from time to time at Konrad, who as well was waiting for his date. Lydia mentioned that Gee didn't have a dress, so I wondered if she will even come. The handsome man stood with pride and didn't show any trace of anxiety as time passed.
"Claire!"Lydia called towards the beautiful girl coming from behind with few others from her school.
She came to me and smiled shyly before pecking my cheek. I greeted her with a nod and complimented her looks, the girl blushed under my gaze, but then her eyes widened and her lips parted a bit. I turned around and spotted something which made me have the same expression on my face. I blinked few times as I watched her take the stairs down. Butterflies covered her body like a dress, she was the most graceful live creature I have ever seen.
"You fool." Miles hissed lowly in my ear and I nodded in agreement, as I watched the young Durmstrang man reach out his hand for her to take it.
That beautiful girl was Georgiana. The girl I used to torture while we were kids, the girl I disliked so much because she was ruining my plans with her presence. That same girl who now I disliked, because she made me fall for her in the most ridiculous and irreversible way.
"Tristan?" I soft voice called as a hand wrapped around my arm. I turned my gaze towards Claire and slight guilt took over me.
"Shall we?" I asked and she nodded lightly.

Georgiana's POV

    I felt uncomfortable from the stares I received, but the moment I met the gentle eyes of Konrad the uneasy feeling in me was chased away. He reached out his hand to me and I gladly took it.
"I am the luckiest man here." He said while bowing to me.
"Why is that?"
"I have the opportunity to spend the Christmas night with the most beautiful lady in here." I blushed lightly at his compliment and thanked him as he led me thru the door.
The Durmstrand students bowed their heads towards Konrad as we walked inside, they looked at him with pride and respect. Sadly, I could feel my schoolmates eating me alive from jealousy and gossips.
"Don't let them shake your ground. You're beautiful." Konrad said as he took my hand in his and pecked my knuckles.
Our blue eyes met for a brief moment and I felt shivers all the way down my spine. It was amazing what a man could do to the woman's pure mind. We stood and waited for the tournament participants to enter and when Krum walked in with Hermione Granger happiness took over me, because all the attention now belonged to her.
The first dance was for the participants, but the moment it ended Konrad took me to the dance floor. Due to the fact that my back was bare my whole skin shivered when his hand wrapped around it. Everyone danced in sync and when he lifted me up and spun around, butterflies circled around us. It was truly magical and I never wanted to let go of that moment. I spotted Fred Weasley dancing with Angelina Johnson and I didn't feel sad, after all I was with someone who made me feel like never before.
The track changed to another and Konrad stopped us. I looked at him with shocked eyes, afraid that I did something, but his soft smile calmed me down. He led me towards a dancing couple and when I realized who they were I quickly asked what was going on.
"Don't worry, I won't let him steal you away." He chuckled at my face expression. "May I have the next dance?" He asked Claire-Issabelle and she was dazzled by his appearance. The young girl chuckled and quickly led him to the dance floor, leaving me alone with Tristan.
"May I?" My childhood friend asked with shame in his eyes as he didn't dare to look at me. His shaking hand reached out and he bowed in the same way as he did in the practice class.
"You may." My cold tone gave him the hint that I still haven't forgave him and he led me to where the rest danced.
We began to sway like we did before and everything felt perfect. The way his hand was wrapped around my waist, how his other held mine and how his eyes gazed down at me. His face wasn't soft as Konrad's, he held many things inside of him. His eyes were sharper and his grip stronger, but deep, deep down I knew how soft hearted he was.
"You look beautiful tonight." He finally gathered the strength to speak.
"Thank you." My breath gently touched his face like butterfly wings.
"Gee... I..." He was trying not to look down. "Forgive me." He begged me with his eyes and I was sure he was being honest. I didn't say anything, I just enjoyed the dance and when the music stopped we pulled away.
"I forgive you." The words came out of my lips and he gave me a slight smile.
The next moment the mood completely changed when the famous band The Weird Sisters rocked the Hall with their famous song. The rest of the night was spent in laughter and wild dances and when the clock hit midnight it was time for the magical night to end. Couples spread into the halls and last kisses were given for good night. Konrad was polite enough to walk me to the common room and when we reached it he bowed and took my hand to peck it. I was surprised that he didn't make a move towards me, but at the same time I was grateful for it. I watched how he walked away, but before he could disappear I called out his name. The handsome royal turned around and came back to me.
"Yes?"
"I... I wanted to thank you for the amazing night." He leaned closer to me and my heartbeat speeded up.
"No, I thank you." He pecked my cheek, but when he pulled away his eyes widened and he quickly took his red coat off and wrapped it around me. "Forgive me." The slight blush on his face made me look down and realize that the butterflies were disappearing and I was standing there only with my white lingerie and shoes. My cheeks burned from embarrassment.
"Dear Merlin! I am so sorry, Konrad. I-I..." I looked from him to the stone wall and back. "I am sorry, but you have to leave. I can't say the password in front of you." He quickly gave a nod and took the stairs speechless.
As I walked inside the common room, I was greeted by few Slytherins, one of which was Tristan who's jaw dropped down when he saw me.
"What in the name of Merlin happened to you?" He stood up and walked towards me to check if I was alright.
"My dress flew away." I simply answered with a chuckle. "Now if you excuse me, I would like to go to my dorm." He stepped out of my way and I quickly took the stairs.

Fred's POV

The party was moved to our common room and everyone were enjoying their night. Angelina was trying to keep my attention to her, but my mind couldn't let the image of Gee leave my mind. I could see that George was dealing with the same problem, so I went and sat by him.
"What are you holding?" I asked when I looked at his hands.
He slowly opened them and released a white butterfly which flew out from the window.
"Have you ever seen something like that, Freddie?" My brother chuckled, making me smile as well.
"No. That's why I love magic."