❧ King ☙

The next day was the so waited quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor. I made my way to the changing rooms looking for Fred, but someone called my name from behind and when I turned I met the captain of our team.
"Tristan, I... I am looking for Fred, can you help me?" I noticed that he wasn't happy with my question, but he pointed me the direction.
Thanking him I went to the lions changing room and the person who opened the door when I knocked reminded me of the lack of luck I had.
"What do you want?" Angelina asked sharply with hand on her hip.
"I-I am looking for Fred..."
"What for?" Noticing that I was nervous she decided to act boldly which boiled my nerves.
"I believe it's none of your business."
"Watch it, Lynch." She warned before calling out to Fred who came at the door the moment she did.
"May I speak to you?" I asked with guilt in my voice, noticing that he won't be the one to say something first.
He just walked out to me and closed the door behind so no one could hear and waited for me to begin with crossed arms.
"I am sorry..." I mumbled, looking at the floor.
"What?"
"I am sorry." I said clearly this time with eyes locked with his. "I am sorry for yesterday, it was wrong of me to behave that way." I confessed and bowed my head.
The boy stood in shock in front of me, knowing that a Slytherin apologized to him.
"You are a snake, but you're a good one." He said letting out a chuckle. "It's fine."
"WEASLEY!" Johnson yelled from the room and Fred walked back in.
In few minutes I was on the tribunes standing next to Lydia waiting for both teams to go out. When they did the crowd exploded with cheers and whistles. They stood in two lines facing each other, while Madam Hooch explained the rules. After that Tristan and Angelina came front, shook hands and wished luck to one another.
The day was perfect for quidditch which could help both teams to shine with their skills. Lee Jordan was commenting every move of the players, but then a melody hit my ears and it was coming from my tribune and the rest of the Slytherin ones.
"Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring..."

I looked up to the Gryffindor team and spotted a new face. Ron Weasley was the new Keeper of their team. I didn't know much, but I was well aware of the relationship he had with few Slytherins from his year. I was somehow sure that Malfoy and his gang were responsible for that, but I was surprised that Tristan didn't stop it.
"That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King."

The crowd was singing, which caused the poor ginger head to give more free goals to the enemy team.
"Weasley was born in a bin
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley will make sure we win
Weasley is our King."

I looked at Tristan who was yelling something to the young blond Slytherin who had the biggest grin dancing on his face. I decided to do something so I headed to the spot where Madam Hooch was.
"Where are you going?" Lydia asked in a yelling tone so I could hear her.
"To stop this!" She nodded her head in agreement that this wasn't a fair play.
"Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King.
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley is our King."

Slytherins kept singing and I felt ashamed that I was from that house. I noticed how all members of the Gryffindor team were distracted, but the Weasleys' the most. Then everyone went silent, which made me stop and turn to the pitch to see what happened. Seems like Harry had the snitch, which meant that it was over. All of the sudden a bludger hit Harry in the waist sending him on the ground.
"HEY!" Tristan and Madam Hooch yelled at Crabbe as they spotted it was him.
"Saved Weasley's neck, ay Potter?" Malfoy laughed out and landed on the ground so he could go to Harry. "I've never seen a worse Keeper... but then he was born in a bin... Did you like the lyrics, Potter?" The Gryffindor seeker didn't answer him. His team were now landing at the ground one by one as well. I looked around for the taunted boy and spotted him walking all alone in the changing rooms. I wanted to run after him, feeling guilty for the behavior of my house and apologize, but Malfoy spoke again.
"We wanted to write another couple of verses." The other two girls from Gryffindor team hugged Harry, so he wouldn't jump on the boy who was spitting venom with his words. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly- we wanted to sing about his mother..." The Slytherin team laughed out and I decided to step in, even if it was not in my rights.
"Stop it!" I called out as I walked toward them, but they ignored me. I searched with my eyes for Tristan who was yelling at Crabbe.
"We couldn't fit in useless loser either- for his father, you know." Slytherin laughed even more which turned me on fire.
The twins seemed to realize what Draco was talking about and they launched at him, but were stopped by the rest of their team.
"Leave it." Angelina who held Fred spoke to him, but he didn't listen. "Leave it, Fred. Let him yell, he's just sore he lost, the jumped-up little-"
"You like the Weasleys' don't you, Potter?" He sneered at the boy before continuing. "Spending holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been living up with Muggles, even Weasley's hovel smells okay-"
Harry grabbed a hold of George, while it was taking a lot of efforts of Angelina and the rest to stop Fred leaping on Malfoy, who was laughing out his lungs. I ran towards Tristan who was discussing something with Madam Hooch along side with Miles.
"Tristan!" I called out as I reached them and when he saw me he quickly came to me. "You have to stop this. Malfo-" I was cut by yells and screams from behind me.
Turning around I saw George and Harry on Malfoy punching him in the face.
"OI!" Tristan yelled and ran to them, followed by Miles, me and Madam Hooch.
"Maybe you remember how you mother's house stank like, Potter."
"That did it!" Fred yelled and launched at Malfoy, finally escaping from Angelina's grip.
Tristan pulled them away and grabbed Malfoy by the collar. We all stood in shock and didn't know what to expect.
"You deserve to lose." He said between teeth and pushed Malfoy away with disgust. "I am ashamed to be your captain." Everyone expected Draco to remain silent, but we were proven wrong.
"So you liked their stinking pit as well, Ryan? I wonder if their moth-" But he couldn't continue, because Tristan punched him in the nose with force, sending him back to the ground, where Fred, George and Harry launched at him again.
"Impedimenta!" Madam Hooch finally yelled out and they were knocked over backward. "What do you think you're doing?" The young Slytherin was curled up on the ground, whimpering and moaning, his nose was bleeding. George was sporting a swollen lip, Fred and Harry were decorated with blue around their eye. "Back to the castle! And straight to your Head of House's office! Now!" Madame Hooch was angry and I could see she wanted to hit all of them with her broom.
Later on that day, the twins, Harry and Tristan were forbidden to play quidditch ever again by Umbridge. Snape tried to ease the toad's punishment over Tristan, knowing that he was looking forward for a carrier of a Keeper, but she was hard as steel.
We were at the Great Hall, most of us already had our dinner, so the hall was beginning to empty and when Miles and Lydia walked away I sat by Tristan.
"It was a brave thing you did today." I softly said, seeing how frustrated he was from himself.
"It was foolish, Gee, not brave." He knocked his fingers and drank from his cup.
"To stand up for your friends is not foolish." I placed my hand on his and he looked at me with surprise by the sudden touch.
He was about to say something when two figures stepped in front of us. Looking up we saw the Weasley twins. George held a smile, while Fred was rubbing the back of his head feeling a bit uncomfortable.
"Thanks, Ryan." They shortly said in union, but it meant a lot to Tristan.
"Why don't you guys sit down, I was just about to leave." I quickly suggested standing up and waving goodbye to them.
Before passing the door I turned around to see the twins sitting down at our table. Since the hall was almost empty, I don't think any of them could worry if someone stopped them laughing together once again. I was glad that despite the bad day we all had, in the end something good came out of it.