❧ Christmas Gift ☙

I was laying in my bed, covered with pillows and blanket, pretending that I was not there at all, but hearing the voices from downstairs wasn't letting me live in the illusion which I so wanted to create.
"I am fine here, dad." I called out when I heard a knock, but then it repeated. Uncovering myself, I stood up and walked to the door, only to open it and see the empty corridor. I shrugged my shoulders and closed it again.
"Dead Merlin!" I yelled when I turned around and saw two smiling faces at my window. "What are you two doing here?" I asked and went to open the window in my room.
"Hello, Lynch." Fred greeted with a cheeky smile.
"Merry Christmas, Gee." George added and I blinked thinking that I've fainted from the fact that my father said that Umbridge is part of my family, and now I was having a dream.
"If I hit her with a snowball, do you think she will react?" Fred asked his brother and I shook my head.
"No!" I said quickly and moved aside to make space for them to enter. "From where did you get the broomsticks?" I asked eying them as they dropped the brooms on the floor, when they got inside my room.
"From home, of course. You didn't think we only have one broomstick?" Fred asked with surprised expression on his face.
"No..." I said quietly and realized that they were in my room. "What are you two doing here anyways?"
"Well you see, Gee..." George started and sat on my bed.
"We were thinking to pay you a visit and give you our Christmas gift in person." Fred finished.
"Since Errol is not a good option." They both said in sync and I smirked.
"I see." I looked at them and didn't see any box. "So where is it?" Fred chuckled and George stood up from the bed.
"Someone is quite impatient." Fred smirked and both stepped on each side of me.
   Before I could react I felt warmth tickle my cheeks as both of them pecked my cheeks. My temperature raised and my eyes opened widely while I stood like a statue. The gingers chuckled at my reaction and George leaned down to peck my cheek once more. "Merry Christmas, Gee." He said cheerfully and grabbed his broom before hopping from the window on it and flew away.    A finger gently found its way under my chin and tilted my head a bit, only to make my eyes meet the hazel calm ones of Fred Weasley. His face leaned down to mine and our lips were about to touch when he smirked. "Merry Christmas, Lynch." He said in a low and husky way which made me melt. But the coldness that hit me when he pulled away and followed the steps of his brother made me blink few times, trying to return back to reality. Before I could say anything he winked at me from the window and flew away, joining George in the sky.
     I walked to the window speechless and watched them fly away. My hand made its way up to my cheek and touched to see if it really was burning or it just felt that way. My mind repeated the scene, in which I was the main character, over and over again and all I managed to do was smile. I wasn't even mad. No, I was somehow feeling butterflies in my stomach and I did not know how to express it otherwise than to just smile like a little girl.
"Silly lions." I chuckled and shook my head as I closed my window.
    Sadly, at dinner even that thought couldn't make me smile at the table, since I was sitting in front of Umbridge. It felt like I was in the naughty list for Santa this year, but I really didn't know what I did so much to be punished like that.