❧ Stubborn ☙

Two weeks of cracking nerves, two weeks of sweaty palms, two weeks of O.W.L.s. When it was all over I was exhausted, I just wished the last month to pass so I could return back home and sleep for the rest of my life. I was proud of myself for scoring Outstanding on almost every exam, but if I pushed that thought aside I felt like my brain was going to explode from information.
It was the last week of May and the final quidditch match between the houses. I knew Gryffindor would win against us, because Tristan was mainly focused on his O.W.L.s than the practices. I was amazed how despite the fact that he wasn't training as much as the Gryffindors he was still in a good shape. He had it in his blood. Lydia was screaming Miles name over and over again, constantly clapping, in the end I feared she won't feel her hands soon. Few girls behind me were talking about Tristan and how handsome he was, how they wished to see him shirtless and stuff. True, he was well built, it was obvious even thru his clothes, but they had to keep their hormones to themselves. My eyes moved towards the beaters of the enemy team. Maybe I was too harsh on them the last time? I pushed the thought aside and stared at them for a couple of minutes. Their hair grew longer and I started to wonder how they could see anything, but it was their problem not mine.
Suddenly, the crowd gasped and my eyes searched for what happened only to find Tristan on the ground. I quietly gasped as well and hid my mouth with both hands.
"What happened?"
"Johnson hit him in the head with the quaffle." Lydia explained and my eyes quickly found Angelina. It didn't look like she did it on purpose, but still a bit of anger boiled inside of me.
"And he is alright, ladies and gentlemen!" Lee commented as Tristan stood up and gave a thumbs up that he was okay.
Sadly, the game quickly came to its end as Tristan failed to protect the rings and Harry caught the snitch. The score was 230:20 a shameful score for us. Gryffindors cheered as they won while Slytherins had grumpy expression on their faces. But my focus was on Tristan, who walked dizzily as he stepped on the ground. He held his head and leaned on the broom in his hand. I quickly pushed past the students and ran down the field.
"Tristan!" I called out and when he looked up he fell down on his back. I ran as fast as I could and dropped on my knees beside him.
"Tristan?" I lightly slapped his cheeks, but he was unconscious. I looked around to see running Professors towards us and turned my attention back to him. My fingers ran gently thru his blond, silky hair and when the teachers came I pulled away giving them space.
"Take him to the hospital wing."
I watched how they took him away and Miles joined my side.
"Thick head." He said and ran his fingers thru his bangs. "I told him not to return back in the game."
"Let's go." I said ignoring his words.
When we were finally allowed to get inside the hospital wing I sat beside Tristan's bed. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. Soon his eyes opened slowly and he let out a grunt.
"Oi, lad, welcome back!" Miles placed his hand on Tristan's shoulder and smiled down at him.
He only chuckled lowly and turned his head towards me.
"Did someone eat your breakfast?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face. I was angry at him for being stubborn and so dim witted.
"You're an idiot!" The words burst outside out me and Miles bit his lip. "What were you thinking?"
"I did what I had to do." His cold tone pierced me.
"By sacrificing your health?"
"It was my choice and mine alone!" He raised his voice and we both stared at each other with fierce.
"Mate, Gee was just trying to say that you got us all worried." Miles chuckled out nervously hoping he will break the tension. "Right, Gee?"
Before I could answer Lydia ran inside the room and hugged Miles by his arm.
"There you are, I've been looking all over for you!"
"Sorry, love. We were just worried for Tristan." Kind as always, why didn't he had a brother?
"How are you, Tristan?" Lydia asked with concern in her voice and he let out a chuckle.
"I'm fine, Lyd. Thanks."
"Well, I will go change. You rest, lad." Miles informed us and walked away with Lydia.
Awkward silence followed and none of us was willing to break it. I looked at the sheets, while he outside the window.
"You were worried for me?" His husky voice finally broke the silence.
"Of course I was..." I answered softly and looked at him so our eyes could meet. "I'll leave you rest." As I stood up he swallowed and looked back thru the window without saying a word.
For the rest of the day I was thinking how odd he was when it came to being social, or at least being social with me. Luckily, Lydia and Miles dragged my thoughts away from Tristan and we played cards in the Great Hall until it was time for dinner.