One: "Fabled"

GUYS OMG I AM SO EXCITED RN

THIS IS GONNABE GREAT

ALSO I HAVE A FEELING MY UPDATES FOR THIS BOOK WILL BE VERY SPORADIC XD

(also, note: this chapter, authors note included, is exactly 2,666 words :3)

Addict

Ch 1: "Fabled"

"Why are you doing this!?"

"For the high," I laugh, waving my hand toward him, and he goes flying into the air. "Give me all your money or something."

"O-Or something?" asks the woman who I assume is his wife. She's trying hard to keep her attention on me rather than glancing over toward her husband.

"Eh, he'll be fine. And, yeah, just, something to boost my rep, you get me?"

"You're only doing this for the reputation?" asks the woman, furrowing her eyebrows judgmentally. Yikes. Not dealing with this.

"As I said, I do it for the high. Off you go!" I mutter a spell and flick my wrist out a little, and the woman goes flying after her husband. I sigh happily as the buzz of dark magic warms my torso, and then I grin and turn to face the two little kids, a boy and a girl. "Why, hello, there! I'm Seto, pleasure to meet you. What are your names?"

"U-Uh, I-I'm Jenny a-and she's Danny."

I raise an eyebrow. "She? A+ naming, parents."

"She hasn't decided on a girl name yet."

"Ah, I see. May I suggest 'Danielle?'"

Danny smiles widely at me and nods excitedly, and I frown and lean in to whisper in the girls' ears. "Now, listen up, kids. I'm scary. Super scary. You'd better tell your parents and the rest of the city that I scared the living crap out of you kids, or else I'll lose my reputation. Deal?"

"He said crap," Jenny whispers in awe. "You are evil!"

I laugh quietly. "Yeah. Deal?"

"Deal!" Danny/Danielle squeals, and I shush her.

"Act terrified!" I command before backing away and laughing evilly. "Perhaps this lesson will not be one you soon forget," I boom, and the man and woman scramble through the trees in a mad rush to return to their children.

Danielle is actually crying, and I find myself to be quite proud of the small girl as she runs to her mother and sobs into her arms. "Mommy, he's a bad man! Take me home!"

Jenny backs away from me slowly, saying, "H-He was gonna hurt Danny!"

"W-We're going home! We'll get out of your way!" the father tells me in a pleading tone, and I tap my chin slowly.

"And why should I allow you to leave unharmed? Well, relatively unharmed, that is," I chuckle, eyeing his broken arm.

"We- Danny has his first baseball practice tomorrow?" he tries. I notice Danielle stiffen a bit in her mother's arms, but then she continues the fake crying act.

I snort. "Didn't know Minecraft even had baseball. Danielle, you into it?"

She shakes her head, still acting scared.

"Not a good enough reason. She doesn't seem very excited."

The mother frowns. "His name is Danny-"

"Yes, well, my name is Seto, and I have a habit of killing those whom I dislike. Unfortunately, I am disliking you and your husband more and more each moment. Perhaps you should leave, before I lose control of myself."