Eleven: "High"

SETO BEB ITS OKEH

YOU ARE MORE THAN THE CHOICES THAT YOU'VE MADE

YOU ARE MORE THAN THE SUM OF YOUR PAST MISTAKES

YOU ARE MORE THAN THE PROBLEMS YOU CREATE

YOU'VE BEEN REMADE

I SAW TENTH AVENUE NORTH IN CONCERT AT THAT CAMP AND THEY SANG THAT SONG AND THATS ONE OF HTE FIRST CHRISTIAN SONGS I EVERY REALLY TRULY LIKED A LOT AND JUST NOSTALGIA AND ALSDKFJ ALKSBGS

Addict

Ch 11: "High"

"U-Uh," Brice chuckles nervously, glancing over at me as the Dark Mages slowly exit nearby buildings and begin to inch closer to us.

"Fear not," I joke, holding up a hand and waving it as though in greeting. "Hello! We come in peace. I am the Dark Sorcerer, and this is my apprentice. We have come to aid you in this great war." Brice looks over at me with wide eyes, and I will him to shut up so I can at least make this battle a tad bit amusing.

The Mages exchange awed looks and seem to relax a bit, and I smile sweetly.

"Yikes, what's with the cloak?" I ask, peering at one of the Mages. "Oh, dear, those colors clash terribly. I'm afraid I've changed my mind, I'm going to lend a hand to the Light Mages instead. Crepitus!"

The area around me and Brice explodes, though Brice and I stand in a protective bubble, and the Dark Mages cry out in surprise as they scatter. I grin as I hit a slightly isolated group of them with an electricity spell, and another with a spell that drags them down into a newly-generated abyss. Several Mages fall prey to some last-minute demonic summons of mine, and I turn my attention to the Mages that have managed to survive thus far, the smartest in the batch, I suppose.

"Duratis!" I shout at three Mages coming at us from our left. They freeze mid-run and clatter harmlessly to the ground like statues, and I laugh joyously as I turn to assess the situation on the right. About ten, twenty men are approaching on this side, a much larger problem, but I take them out effortlessly by waving my hands about and casting a spell that promptly sets their robes and cloaks on fire. I laugh again as the Dark magic courses through my body; it's a feeling I often take for granted, with how much I cast, but when I cast so many powerful spells in such a short time period, the effect is very noticeable. It demands my attention. I must appreciate it.

I must get more of it.

A mixed-magic orb the size of a small chapel is launched toward me and Brice from all the way across the huge base, and I giggle crazily. "It's almost like they think they can beat me or something!" I laugh, grinning as I prepare to use all three magics at once.

"Seto-" Brice starts, but I ignore him.

In my mind, I picture a stream of dark purple magic twice the diameter of the orb firing at us currently, a stream of magic that will guide all of those hit by it to a slow and painful death, using as much Dark magic as possible. With my hands, I make the shape of an orb, but a big one, and I sign the words "pain" and "death" in sign language. And, finally, as Brice yells at me to stop whatever sort of abomination of a spell I'm quickly bringing to life in front of us, I chant loudly, "A tardus et penale mortem!"

My magic is fully formed now, and it materializes in the shape of a wispy purple orb that I can touch with my hands, and so, with a no doubt smug-looking smile, I take the large, nearly weightless orb into my hands and hurl it at the approaching enemy magic.