Five: "Careless"

SO APPARENTLY MY BROTHER GOT ONTO MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT SOMEHOW

AND HE POSTED LIKE SIX VIDEOS OF HIMSELF AND HIS COUSIN DOING WEIRD CRAP!?!!?! XD

HE POSTED A PRIVATE VIDEO AS WELL

AND HES ALL LIKE "SMACK THAT LIKE BUTTON! CRACK IT INTO PIECES! OW, I FELL OVER! DO YOU WANNA SEE MY BIG FAT BUTT?"

I

WHAT

XD

Addict

Ch 5: "Careless"

"So where's the next base?" Brice asks, bouncing around excitedly as we walk back under the wide arch.

"You're the scout. You tell me."

"O-Oh. Um, well, I guess if we just keep heading past this base, there has to be another one soon, right?"

"Let's find out," I say, shrugging as I cast another swiftness spell.

☼☼☼

"Haha, see? I was totally right!" Brice laughs upon seeing the Dark Mage base in the distance. We're, say, ten minutes from reaching the place-

I freeze as unwanted visions assault my mind.

"Seto..?"

"We're going back!" I yell, whirling around and starting toward my house again, casting a very powerful speed spell on Brice and myself as I go.

"Wait- What!?" He races along beside me, expression one of confusion. "B-But the next base is right there-"

"No, I've something to take care of."

"And you couldn't have taken care of it back when you got your new cloak?"

"It wasn't a problem then," I growl, speeding up even more. "Celerito! Celerito! Celerito!"

"T-Too fast, Seto!" Brice shouts as we dart across the plains.

"Not fast enough!" I respond. "Celerito!"

"S-Seto- Oh, Jeb-" he complains as we enter my forest and he runs into several pieces of nature.

"HALT!" I boom, and Brice and I skid to a stop in the clearing.

He exhales slowly and then glances around. "W-We did all that for some random kid?"

"What's the matter, friend?" I ask gently, crouching down in front of a crying Danielle.

"I-I- I, Um- I-"

"Yes?"

She lets out a sob. "T-There are scary magic people like you coming in through the b-back of the City, exc-cept they aren't secretly nice l-like you are!"

"I'm not secretly nice," I say out of habit before returning to the subject at hand. "Why are you here?"

"B-Because- Because t-they're taking over, a-and I- The Light Mages won't help because they're t-too busy fighting somewhere else, a-and the scary not-nice people took over my house and they locked Jenny in her room and I-I escaped b-but I, I didn't know where else to go b-because no one else in the City likes me much and plus they're all trapped anyways, but then I re- re- I 'membered you a-and so I ran to the forest but I got lost and-" She bites her tiny lip and then lurches forward so that her face is buried in my cloak, and my eyes go wide.

"Hug her!" Brice mouths sharply, so I slowly wrap my arms around the crying girl.

"Hey, shh, it's all right, dear. What say I go get rid of all the scary people?" I ask softly, rubbing circles into her back.