Ten: "Smol Bean"

SO IM GOING TO THIS CAMP AND I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY HAVE WIFI OR NOT ;-;

AND THAT MEANS MAYBE NO DAILY UPDATES FOR A WHILE?!?

SOOOORRRYRRYRYYY

BUT, REGARDLES

EN-JUH-HOY THIS CHAPTER, M BE-AY-YOO-TIFUL RULERS!

Addict

Ch 10: "Smol Bean"

"Come on, Seto, please!"

"We're here. My, I do hope we've almost reached the last of them. This is getting quite repetitive."

"Seto."

"Tch, this base is obnoxiously shabby on the outside. I doubt it's one of the more powerful bases."

"Seto."

"Come, now, Brice. We ought to be prepared when we enter this base. Though it may not appear too terribly threatening, looks are often rather deceiving."

"Yeah. For example, I acted all super nice and then I acted like a total jerk when you least expected it."

I shut my mouth.

"But, Seto, I- I wasn't acting when I was being nice to you." He reaches forward and grabs the sleeve of my cloak, which I am beginning to get very tired of him doing. "I like you a lot, and you're my best friend, Seto, even though we haven't really known each other all that long, and I- I shouldn't have said what I said, and I'm so, so sorry, you have to believe me."

"Shame that I don't," I mutter, continuing my walk forward.

"Seto!"

"That's my name. For the love of Notch, stop wearing it out."

He moans in frustration and then runs to catch up to me again. "Seto."

"Shut up!" I roar, whirling around and holding up both of my hands. "Next word that comes out of your mouth will be met with a round of instant death spells."

Brice is silent.

"That's what I fricking thought-" I begin.

"You're bluffing."

I take in a deep, shuddering breath and clench my hands into fists. "I am not."

"You are too. You care too much."

"I- What?"

"You care too much," Brice repeats confidently, crossing his arms.

"I don't care at all."

"Bluffing."

"Am not!"

"Oh?" He uncrosses his arms and holds them out, an open, easy target. "Kill me, then. Cast those instant death spells."

"I will!"

"Okay. Do it."

"I-I-" I shake my head violently. "I-I will, Brice!"

"Okay. Do it."

"I-I- M-Mor- Augh, I hate you!" I shout, casting a violent spell at the ground. The grass around me withers and dies, and I find myself shaking slightly. "I hate you so much! Why did you have to- Why can't I kill you? Why can't I just kill you and go back to my normal life!? Why do you- why do you mean so much to me?" I ask brokenly, looking up at him and grabbing my left arm with my right hand. He can't see, but I'm burning myself with that hand. Making sure I feel all the pain I deserve. It's a little bit comforting.