Four: "BAMF"

SORRY FOR SCREWING UP DAILY UPDATES XD BUT LIKE OK GUYS

I HAVE WRITTEN SO MUCH

LIKE I'VE WRITTEN ALMOST THE ENTIRE BOOK NO JOKE

THE MIDDLE, THE END...

BUT NOT THE REST OF HTE BEGINNING. XD SORRY , SORRY! I'LL TRY TO GET IT WRITTEN SO DAILY UPDATES CAN CONTINUE.

ALSO, JSYK: THIS BOOK IS TURNING OUT TO BE QUITE SHORT, SO PERHAPS, LIKE, 25-30k WORDS!? IDK, WE'LL SEE!

OH ALSO I ENTERED THIS BOOK IN THE WATTYS LOL XD

LIKE YEAH I JUS THOUGHT ITd BE FUN, YA KNOW? IVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE SO LIKE wHY NOT MAN

OKOKOK HERE WE GOOOOOOO

EN-JUH-HOY, MY BE-AY-YOO-TIFUL RULERS!

Addict

Ch 4: "BAMF"

We've been walking in uncomfortable silence for a little over an hour now, and I'm hoping to Jeb that we're almost to the nearest Dark Mage base, since I'm too afraid to either ask or read Brice's mind.

Yikes, why did I agree to this? This was such a bad idea. Of course, I could just back out of the agreement now, except now Brice knows where my house is located. Bad thing. He could tell the Light Mages if I refuse to help him. I could always just kill the poor guy, too, but...

But.

"Hey, Seto?" Brice asks quietly, so quietly I barely hear him.

I glance toward him but don't say anything, and he takes a deep breath.

"Who told you you could only be bad?"

My breath hitches, and I almost skid to a halt before reminding myself to keep moving, to avoid making a big deal out of it. It's just a question. "That's not something you should be concerning yourself with," I finally answer.

"Too late," he says under his breath, and I pretend not to hear it.

"Are we almost there?" I ask.

"Yeah. They usually aren't so far apart, but that base I was at was kind of out of the way, in a weird place."

"How'd you get locked up in there to begin with?"

He chuckles nervously. "I, uh... I'm a scout? For the Light Mages. And so I was scouting, and... and I got caught."

I frown. "You don't seem like the scouting type."

"Well, I'm not good at it, as you can see," he laughs. "But, uh... I wanted to help. And I couldn't possibly help in any other way."

"Why not? You've got magic. You've got two types of magic. That's rare," I tell him, furrowing my eyebrows. Sure, he may not be the most competent with his magic, but- I mean, he could be trained, right?

I could train him.

No, I couldn't, I'm the Dark Sorcerer. I'm bad. And scary. And terrible. Can't be a friend, and can't be a mentor. Can't be anything but the Dark Sorcerer. That's just who I am.

"And, anyways, I'm just not good enough to be in any other position," Brice finishes, and I try to hide the fact that I missed out on half his words.

"Not good enough. Hmph."

"Don't rub it in."

"Sorry. But can't you just learn to be better? It isn't hard."

"It is for me," Brice says, sounding small, and my frown deepens.