Seven: "Not an Idiot"

Having a bit of a down day, my apologies for no half-interesting/funny authors note stories. ^.^ I do hope you en-juh-hoy the chapter, my be-ay-yoo-tiful Rulers, and I'll be posting more news on the superhero story later on.

Addict

Ch 7: "Not an Idiot"

"Has the great Dark Sorcerer gotten himself a boyfriend?"

Unfortunately, "No. Explain to me why there are uninvited guests in my forest," I growl, not yet dropping Brice's hand. He seems to be trembling a tad, anyways, so I figure it's for the best if we stay connected.

The leading Dark Mage laughs. "Oh, we're in your forest?" he asks patronizingly. "Rest assured, we'll be out in only a few minutes."

I raise an eyebrow. "Heading to the City, I assume?"

His expression relaxes. Because this is normal, everyday small talk, obviously. "Yes, sir. Coming from the City?"

"Indeed." Brice has still not stopped shaking, so I sigh as I drop his hand and move to stand in front of him. "I happen to have made an acquaintanceship with a few of the Citizens," I say, crossing my arms.

The relaxed expression disappears. "I see. And you were... what were you doing in the City? Were you visiting your acquaintances?"

"As it happens, I was. They were having a bit of an, ah... issue."

His expression un-relaxes even further, turning stony. "And did you take care of the issue."

I let the question hang for a moment. Finally, after a long, tense silence, I smirk and say, "I did."

"BAH!" he rages, splaying his hands out toward me, and I fly backwards and crash into a tree. Luckily, Brice had the good sense to move out from behind me, but now he's on his knees next to me, babbling and scared. "Then that means - we were successful! The Light Mages had no idea, but you had to go and ruin the whole thing!"

"Precisely," I cough out, and the rest of the Dark Mages, of which there are about thirty, glare at me and get into a fighting stance.

"Now, now," I say, ignoring Brice's hand and getting to my feet on my own, "let's all be calm about this. Would you like to explain why your people had taken up temporary residence in the City? They didn't seem to be very peaceful."

"They weren't supposed to be peaceful!" the lead Mage roars. "They were supposed to be capturing citizens so we could take them back to the Burg and make them our slaves!"

"Good Notch, going back a few thousand centuries, are we?" I ask, pushing Brice away in the hope that he'll stop bothering me about my health. "Sorry, pal, but our current time period isn't big on slaves."

His face has turned bright red, and his men look ready to pounce. "I don't care!" He grinds his teeth together. "First you take out our prophesiers stationed near 'your' precious forest, then you interrupt and badly damage one of my Kidnappers, then you take out another huge fort-" He growls. "Why'd you hafta get involved?"

"What can I say?" I smile sweetly. "I like the drama."

"ATTACK!" the Mage screams, and all of his Mages fire at me all at once.

"The spell!" I bark out, and Brice mumbles a rushed "Volito!" and then shouts in surprise as he flies above the firing range and watches every single spell hit me.

"Seto!" he cries, but I yell at him to keep his stupid face up there, and then I mumble a healing spell and thank Notch that none of those offensive spells were Instant Death.