Twelve: "Tainted"

ONLY THREE CHAPTERS LEFT AFTER THIS!?!?!?!? WE'LL BE DONE BY TUESDYA?!?!?!?!?!!?JASDKF?!?!

ALSO YOU GUYS SHOULD GO CHECK OUT CONS OF SAVING THE WORLD, ITS A MUNCHINGUNIVERSE, SORRY TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANTED OTHER THINGS, BUT I'VE WRITTEN LIKE FIFTEEN THOUSAND WORDS OF TAHT STORY  OOPS XD

ANYWAYSYASDF

Addict

Ch 12: "Tainted"

The Light Mages teleport us a small distance outside the City to a large white tower that I recognize from when I used to think I could be good. I used to hang out there all the time, helping out when they needed it, though I did prefer to hang out in the City instead since I always saw the Light Mages as rather pretentious.

"In you go," one of the Light Mages barks, shoving me roughly through the front door, and I wonder if they realize I've got the blueprint of this place committed to memory. "Down the stairs," the Mages order as we pass by two guards, and I roll my eyes and stroll toward said stairs, which does a lovely job of surprising and annoying the three Light Mages holding me captive.

"Well, hurry up, now. I do believe I'd need a key in order to enter the prison block on my own?" I ask, raising an eyebrow cockily.

One of the Mages growls at me and shoves me, hard, against the iron door of the prison block, and I groan at the sudden pain in the back of my head. "Yikes," I mumble. "Light Mages? More like Fight Mages."

Before I can force a laugh, a different Light Mage slams me against the door again, this time pinning me there and holding his staff up to my neck. I gasp for breath as he presses it harder against me, and then I swallow hard and chuckle uncomfortably.

"Seems a certain someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

The mage scowls at me and pushes his staff up, which lifts me off the ground so that I'm pulling at the staff with my hands and trying my hardest to get my dangling feet to touch the ground again. "We could kill you, here and now," he whispers in my ear, and his hot breath gives me uncomfortable chills.

"I'd like to see you try," I gasp out.

Infuriated, the mage pushes his staff down with what must be all of his strength, and, consequently, I go down with it. Immediately after I crumple to the ground, the Light Mage stamps his boot-clad foot down onto my head. I, no doubt, would currently be suffering brain damage had I not had the foresight to cast a slight protection spell on myself. Regardless, I still feel the pain, and I grit my teeth as the mage lifts his foot again to kick me, hitting my ribcage and making me groan in pain.

"Hey, don't kill him," one of the Light Mages nervously warns his friend. "Michael wouldn't be happy with us if we killed him."

"You'd be wise to listen to your friend," I moan, slowly pulling myself to my feet.

"Down, prisoner," the violent Light Mage says, kicking at me again, but this time I cast a quick spell to slow time so I can grab his foot before it reaches me.

"Unfortunately, you do not seem to be very wise," I deadpan, glaring up at him. "This is your second chance, pal. Use it more wisely than you used the first."

The second Light Mage nudges the violent one, who sighs and glares back at me before unlocking the prison block door and glancing at it, silently instructing me to enter.

I lead myself down several hallways, rolling my eyes at all the occupied cells. Five bucks that most of these prisoners haven't committed more than a petty crime. Come on, I think I, the most powerful mage in the land, deserve a cell a bit stronger than the ones used for these small criminals.