Ghosts (part 1)

As they fly over the Crack, they spot ghosts, skeletons, serpentine, and all kinds of villains.

"Ok, so Claire and I will go get Chloe and Bailey. Jay, Cole, and Lloyd guard the area and keep them distracted so we can get the girls." Nya instructs the team. "Kai and Zane, fight the skeleton army. We will deal with the rest later."

"What can we do?" Asks Matthew.
"Ya, you can't leave us out!" Joshua chimes in.
"No, you are going to stay right-" Claire starts to say, but is cut off by Cole.
"Actually, there is something you can do. Since the two of you are turning 14 soon (They are twins), I decided you are ready to fight."
"Wha-" Mom does not approve. Cole gets out two huge water guns.
"Here." He says, handing them to the boys. "These were supposed to be birthday presents, but you'll need them fighting the ghosts."
"Oh my gosh!!!" Josh exclaims. "The Hydroblaster 6000!!! Can we Mom? Pleeease??"
"Fine. Just be careful." She says.
"Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!" Matthew says. "Come on, Josh, let's go kick some ghost butt!!!"

All the Ninja go to fight. Sensei Wu, Misako, and all the other kids stay at the Destiny's Bounty outside the Crack. Matthew and Joshua hide behind a big rock in the Crack. They watch the ghosts, waiting for the perfect moment to attack.
"Now!" Matthew whispers when all of the ghosts are looking away. Matt and Josh jump out and shoot as many ghosts as they can. They are making progress when suddenly, one turns around. Matthew shoots at him with his water gun. He turns around and the boys can see, he's not a ghost.
"Oops." Matthew says. The man is standing there drenched and angry. Suddenly, he raises his real gun to the direction the water came from and shoots.
It happened too fast. One second he was staring into the face of an angry man, the next his brother cried out in pain.
"Nooo!!!" Matthew yelled.

Sorry, I have to leave this at a cliff hanger. But it will all fit together later.