Welcome to Bon Temps

"Why did I let you talk me into this?! This house is so creepy!" I shouted down the phone at my mum who decided that it'd be a good idea that I get some independence and live by myself. Of course she had to pick where I lived as she was the one paying for everything. So here I am in this creepy-ass town in this creepy-ass house just because my mum wanted to give me independence. "Lara, Bon Temps is a good little town where everyone knows each other you'll make lots of new friends." "Mom, everyone knows each other but no one knows me you know how hard it is for me to befriend people." I moaned at my mum walking towards the front door sitting outside on the bench next to the door. "Whos house was this anyway? Whoever lived here must of been brave I mean there's a grave yard as a garden." "It belonged to a girl called Sookie Stakehouse she moved out of town with her boyfriend she was selling the house so I brought it for you. Listen Lara I've got to go but maybe you can find some work in the town to keep you occupied, there's a bar called Merlotte's I heard from Sookie they're hiring the owners name is called Sam. Okay now I've got to go speak to you later bye hunny!" "Mom! Wai..." I looked at my phone pissed she didn't even tell me where the bar was great now I've got to find everything out by myself. I walked back inside the house and jumped on the sofa. I looked at my watch it showed the time was just after 10 at night I should probably get some sleep I've got a long day tomorrow and a lot of unpacking to do. That night I dreamed about living back in England with my mum visiting my dad's grave.
I woke up the next morning to the sound of banging on the door. "What in the world?!" I got up and went to the door I opened it and there was a girl that looked my age standing there looking at me. "You must be the new girl Lara I'm Tara your mom contacted the bar and told us about you so no need to give me a explanation." She said smiling at me. "Ah well that was very generous of my mother to do that considering she decided to make me move here." I said rolling my eyes. "C'Mon this town ain't that bad, well that being said I am here to make sure you don't get mixed up with the wrong... Ermm people." "Wait but you just said this place ain't that bad now your telling me that I've got to watch out for certain people?" I asked Tara that is now inside my house ignoring what I just said. "This place hasn't changed much you planning to decorate it or something?" "Erm I just moved in so I don't know what I'm going to do right now I was just going to unpack and wonder around for a bit." "Er okay but first I'm taking you to Merlotte's Sam wants to meet you and talk to you about working. Come on!" Tara said and took my hand walking outside to her car.
We drove for about 5 minutes before we were at the bar. "This is it come on Sam's waiting." "Jesus woman let me get out of the car!" I said as I was being dragged into the bar and into a office where this young guy stood. "Sam! I got Lara like you said. Well I'm going back to work see you around Lara." Now I'm in Sam's office alone. "Sorry about Tara she's can be a bit bossy some times she's always like that you'll get use to it quickly round here." "Yeah no kidding getting dragged out of my house early in the morning isn't something I like very much." I said looking around he's office then at him. "Well you'll get use to everything and everyone very quickly you'll probably make a lot of new friends quickly as well everyone in this town knows one another you'll fit right in." He said smiling at me I just looked at him. He cleared he's throat then talked again. "Well you probably need somewhere to work your mom told me everything about you so I guess you can say that I'm hiring you so you can start working now if you like, shifts start at 10:00am and dont finish till 1:00am is that alright?" "Yeah I guess it'd have to be it'd be fine." I said looking at him again. He looked at me back then gave me what looks like uniform. "Well heres your work clothes the toilets are next to this office get changed in there and then I'll introduce you to everyone that works here." I left he's office without another word then I went straight to the toilets, I got changed as quickly as I could then meet Sam outside his office. "Okay lets begin the tour shell we?" I nodded and followed him to the main bar where everyone was working. "Okay so that's Tara you already meet her, she a waitress like you and Arlene." Sam said and pointed to a red haired chick she looked at me and smiled I smiled back at her. "When you get the orders give them to Terry here he'll pass them along to the chef." I smiled at Terry and he waved at me. "And this is our chef Lafayette he can talk a lot of shit at times just ignore him when he does." Sam said and laughed. "Excuse me Sam I do not talk shit just because my cousin think I do I do not. Gezz." He said the last bit very loud and Tara turned round. "Yes you do talk a lot of shit at times you just don't know that you do now quit whining and cook something will ya." I chuckled a little Tara must be his cousin. We went back to Sam's office after the tour. "As I said Lara we're a friendly bunch of people you've got nothing to worry about working here we're just like a big family." He said. Shot I've gotta ask him something about what Tara said before I forgot. "Erm Sam? When Tara was at my house earlier she said I shouldn't get mixed up in the wrong crowd what crowd should I be aware of and should stay clear of?" "Hum? Oh that's nothing to worry about if you have any trouble with anyone just tell one of us we'll sort it out as I say you've got nothing to worry about you can start the job now." He said as I'm walking out of he's office he calls me again and I turn around. "Oh and Lara welcome to Bon Temps."