The proposal

My first day or should I say night working at Merlottes since everything happened. Everyone look like they don't care I'm a vampire now which is good.
It was a slow night so I had a chance to go outside and look up at the stars on the sky I use to do all the time back home with my dad. "Well well well, hello there stranger." Someone said I looked down from the sky and saw Alcide. I ran to him and gave him a hug. "Oh gosh Alcide it's been so long I'm so I didn't contact you I've been mixed up with some... things lately." I said scratching the back of my head. "It doesn't matter Lara I would of thought er..." Alcide stopped and walked closer to me sniffing me. Shit! "Erm everything alright Alcide?" I said Alcide gave me a confused look then shook he's head. "I thought Eric would have contacted me but he too was probably with you through all of the situations you had to deal with. You smell different." Shit! Crap! I wonder what he's going to say or do when he finds out I'm a vampire. "I do? Hum haven't really notice. Is it a bad smell?" Alcide gave me a questionable look. "Okay drop the act Lara I'm not that easy to foul like the others. Something up and I want to know." I signed I guess he's got the right to know he's been a loyal friend to me. Okay give him the quick version Lara. "I got shot by my mom in my stomach. The only way I would be saved was to... turn me into a... vampire by Eric." I looked at Alcide he doesn't seem shocked like the others were when I told them. "Lara I told you not to go out that day." "I was only at my front door I wanted to know who was on my garden." I looked at Alcide who looked pissed. "So I'm guessing you caught them?" Alcide said gritting he's teeth. I nodded. "Yes it was my mom and few others. But no need to worry as they're dead now. I'm pretty sure Eric and Pam took care of that too happily." I said. Alcide expression changed back to normal. "Good! Otherwise I'd done it! Anyway you all good though now Lara? I mean since everything happened your happy?" I nodded and smiled at him. "More then happy. Hopefully now things will go smoothly." "They will Lara." Alcide said giving me a hug. "Alcide there you are your not sup..." Some lady walked from the woods over to us. "Debbie I told you I wasn't going to be long." Alcide said to the lady who looks confused. Yeah it's not like that hunny we're just friends. "The pack has been wondering were you go off to. So I decided to follow you and now I see why you've been running off." She said looking at me this time. "Look Debbie nothing is going on. I got paid by the sheriff of this erea Eric Northman to protect Lara here during the day but it's no longer necessary to do so right Lara?" I nodded. "Right I mean Eric.. " I stopped at the sound of someone approaching. "Oh something interesting we talking about here. It's got to be if I'm involved." God damn it Eric! He stood next to me and gave Alcide a nod then glared at Debbie. "Just wanted to make sure Lara was alright Eric. Debbie just wanted to know why I've been running off lately." Alcide said to Eric. "Oh well he's been working for me I pay well so it was hard for him to say no and I desperately needed a trustworthy loyal friend to look after Lara but it's not longer necessary so you can stop getting all worked up thinking your boyfriend is of with someone else." Only Eric would say something like that. "Well then I've got nothing more to be worried about I guess we'll be going come on Alcide the packs waiting." Debbie said pulling Alcide. "I'll see you around Lara. Eric." Alcide said walking into the woods with Debbie. "Werewolves. Never understood them." Eric said shaking his head. "What are you doing here Eric? I've got to get back to work." Eric walked over to me closer then usual. "I wanted to talk to you quickly about something." He said lifting my chin with one finger making me look into his eyes. "Lara before you came along I thought I was incapable of love but when I saw you I knew I had to try so I did. I didn't know what I was doing was right or wrong but you made me feel that everything I did was right you never judged me. Our love was strong I felt it. You made me a better vampire Lara I don't want our love to end." Eric got closer to my ear holding my shaking hands. "That's why Lara I want to make our love official. Marry me?" I froze did he just seriously pop the question? I don't want to loss this man ever, he changed me and made my life so perfect. It's time to do something for Eric for a change and if he wants this I'd be more then happier to go on with it. So of course I already knew the answer. "Yes. Of course Eric. I'll marry you." Eric inhaled deeply and picked me up giving me a bear hug. He got something out of his pocket and held it up to me. He put he's forehead against mine and placed the ring on my finger. "You don't realise how happy your making me Lara. I was thinking about this for a while I looked at other vampires getting married so I thought we can do the same have the wedding here in Bon Temps and after party at Fangtasia." Eric said I giggled at him. "You really did think this through didn't you?" I said Eric nodded. "You don't understand how stressful this have been for me Lara." Eric said laughing I laughed with him. "Well I better get back to work they'll be wondering where I am I'll meet you out here after okay?" I said kissing Eric he nodded and kissed me back. "I miss you and your butt already." Eric said smirking there goes the romantic. I looked at him and chuckled. "I'll see you later Eric." I went back inside and saw Eric take off more then happy I've ever seen him.