It's the new me

We got to Fangtasia finally after Eric thought it'd be funny to keep pushing me into bushes then run like a mile down the road. I manage to catch him up though, when I did I jumped on his back and he carried me the rest of the way. "They're not back yet that fucker must have left a good trail for them to follow. They must be experienced at this. I'll call Pam be back in a second." Eric said giving me a quick kiss then leaving to go to his office. I was leaved to wonder round the bar. Everything is going to change now and it's a change I'll never be able to go back on, I'll hopefully get use to it soon. "Well they're close to finding them they're holding up till tomorrow night in a vampire hotel so all we can do is wait. Don't worry they'll find them and when they do I won't show no mercy." Eric said walking towards me I smiled at him, him and he's confidence. "It's going get light soon and you need to rest after everything you've been through. But first we'll have a shower come on." Eric said I walked with him where he had he's shower.
After shower
"We'll sleep in the same coffin for now don't want you to get scared." Eric smirked as we walked down to the basement where the coffins were. Eric had a big coffin that look like it was made for two people. He got into the coffin first then I did we both laid down snuggling against each other. Eric shut the coffin and it was completely dark. "You smell so good and nice thing to full asleep to." Eric said kissing my head "I can say the same about you. I've got to go to Merlottes tomorrow to tell everyone I'm worried what they're going to think." I said trying to look at he's face. "Want me to go with you?" "No it's fine I've got to do this myself. I'll let you know when I'm done there." "Okay Lara well lets get some sleep and sort things out tomorrow night." "Night Eric."
Sunset
"Wakey wakey Lara. It's sunset and time we got up." Eric said dragging me out of the coffin I was too comfy to move but of course Eric doesn't like to wait around. "You sure you don't want me to come with you tonight?" "Yes I'm sure Eric besides you need to do this thing called run a company instead of trying to protect me all the time. I'll call you when I'm done." I said giving Eric a kiss before heading out of Fangtasia to face my friends.
At Merlottes
I walked in to Merlottes it's not that busy tonight thank God. I saw Sam and walked over to him. "Well hello stranger how are you?" "Hi Sam I'm fine just wanted to see you all and tell you how sorry I am for not being at work lately I've... had some... problems I needed to sort out." I said trying not to make anything obvious too soon. "So you going to tell me what's really up?" "I guess I'd have to. But I'll tell you all when no one else is here." I said looking around Tara spotted me and walked over to me. "Lara! Where the hell have you been? Your not with Eric? That makes a change." Tara said looking around. "Yeah, we've called you thousands of times but you never picked up we thought something happened to you." Arlene said. Oh it did and I don't know how your going to take it. "I'll tell all of you when you close up the restaurant okay." I said walking into Sam's office.
Closing time
"Okay Lara we closed up early just for this so spill." Tara said looking at me. Everyone was looking at me waiting for me to talk. "I got shot." I blurted out before I could stop myself. "What?!" They all said at once. I signed might as well get this over with. "I got shot right in my stomach." They all looked at me. "And?!" Tara said I'm getting more nervous as I'm starting to think Tara knows where this is going. "Eric showed up but the person that shot me already got away but Pam and others are on their trail." I said fiddling with my fingers. "And?! Lara what's the point in telling us when you don't get to the point?!" Tara said angrily getting me rather irritated. I groaned starting to pace. "What do you want me to say?! I don't know how to say it! Do you want me to jump around saying 'I got shot and the only way I'd survive was to be turned into a vampire by Eric.'" I said just realising what I said crap! I covered my mouth and looked at everyone their mouths hanging open. "What... The... Fuck?! See I knew Eric was up to no good he secured her wiped her mind and now... This?!" Tara said fuming now. "Tara calm down Eric wouldn't just turn someone without a good explanation not even if it was close friends. Plus Tara if that was the only way and Eric let her die how would you feel? It would heart breaking. Lara has brought happiness to this town and still you act like this just because she's dating a vampire? Jesus Tara." Sam said I knew Sam would be understanding about it. "It maybe the new me but everything I was is still the same." I said looking down at the floor. Arlene came over and hugged me along with Terry, Lafayette and Sam. I looked up at Sam who had he's eyes on Tara I heard her sign then walk over to us joining the hug. The only thing that broke us away from the hug was the sound of someone entering Merlottes. "Well I can see everything is well I thought I'd have to come in here ripping someone's head off you took so long Lara. But it looks like I won't have to after all." Eric said I stared at him he stared back smiling.