Underlove

"You know, I heard that there are monsters down there. Ones that eat kids."

You and a small group of children (literally three boys) were at the edge of the abyss. The pit was labeled as off limits by the adults, but that sure as hell didn't keep the group from dragging you out here in the middle of the night, against your will. The one who had said something about the monsters was Jonathan, your personal bully. You weren't sure why he hated you, but he did.

"Especially," Jonathan continued, sneering at you, "Ones named (y/n)!"

You scoffed at him.

"Come off it, Jonathan!" You scowled, not daring to believe his obvious bullshit. "How would you know?"

Jonathan smirked at you, and then snapped his fingers. You gave him a perplexed look just before his 'friends' grabbed your arms.

"Hey!" You shouted, struggling. They kept a steady hold despite your efforts. Jonathan took a step forward, and suddenly you were conscience of hot close to the edge of the abyss the other two boys were holding you.

"You're right, I don't know that." Jonathan chuckled. The two boys let go of you and Jonathan's hands reached and pushed against your chest, sending you backwards. "But you can tell us if you ever get out of there!"

Your mouth opened in a silent scream as you watched the stars become more and more distant. You clenched your eyes shut just as you hit the ground and the dark overtook you.

~¥~

Your eyes fluttered open, and you squinted at the soft light that eminated from everywhere and nowhere.