When the Blue Smirks

NO. Yes. NO. YES. NOOO. YEEEESSSSSS! UGH FINE BUT THE TITLE SUCKS. You shut yer trap. don't talk like that pls

You shivered in the cold, drawing your thin coat closer. It was so strange. You thought that cold days were almost impossible down in the South. And you were pretty deep in the South, stuck in some town in Mississippi. It was a smaller town, one those types where everyone would know everyone, with family-run stores. You were currently standing on the curb in front of a thrift store, waiting for the light to turn red so you could run across the street and continue back to your hotel.

You and your family (Your mom, dad, and little brother) had been driving down to the coast to visit your aunt, but along the way, the car had completely died, leaving you stranded in this little town. Your mom had suggested renting a car, but your dad had made the argument that he didn't want to have to move all the beach stuff from your car to the rental. The guy at the car place said your car would be ready to go in a week, and had even suggested a hotel (though you suspected someone he knew ran it and he was just trying to get them business).

You'd gone to see if there was anything around to amuse you in this town. There was a movie theater, but you weren't interested in any of the movies they were playing. And all there was in the old style arcade was old style games. The library didn't have that great a selection of books either. You guessed you were just going to have to get your laptop back from your mom.

"IF YOU TWO DIE, I'M WRITING 'I TOLD YOU SO' ON YOUR TOMBSTONES!!"

You turned around to the thrift shop to stare at the 20-something man with bright orange hair who had yelled staring up at the roof of the building. You followed his gaze and was met with the sight of two girls standing on the edge of the roof.

One was no older than 20, maybe 19/18. She had light brown hair and tan skin. You couldn't see her eyes properly, but they looked dark, so you assumed they were brown or something. She was wearing the same dark blue t-shirt as the man on the ground and the girl beside her, paired with skinny jeans.

The other girl was definitely younger, maybe your age (15). Her hair was dyed a silver blue. It was pulled up into a ponytail with some bangs almost covering her left eye. Her eyes were such a brilliant shade of blue there was no way you could have missed them. She had on the dark blue t-shirt like the others, but there was a black hoodie over it, and she was wearing a pair of neon green gym shorts. There was a devilish smirk on her face as she looked down on the man, hands in her hoodie pockets.

"SHUT UP, KYLE!!" The brunette yelled down.

"Yeah man, I've done this tons of times." The blue haired girl added. Somehow her voice carried from the roof down to the pavement. You took a step away from the curb, intrigued by the situation.

"THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING ALEX!" Kyle shouted, stomping his foot like a bratty kid. "YOU'RE GOING TO GET REALLY HURT ONE DAY!!"

"Then you can come to the hospital and rub it in my face that you were right with the knowledge I won't be able to kick your ass since I'm strapped to a bed." Alex replied calmly, flashing a cocky smile. Kyle groaned and the brunette laughed.

"Nice one Alex." She said, slapping Alex on the back. Her blue eyes widened as she teetered on the edge, and a short yelp erupted from her mouth when she fell.

"JESS!!" Kyle yelled, running over to where Alex had landed, which happened to be a pile of garbage bags. You ran over too, worried. Alex wasn't moving.

"Is she okay?" You asked when you arrived. Kyle was staring at Alex's limp form in horror. 

"IS SHE OKAY?!" Jess shouted down from the roof frantically, echoing your own statement. 

"I think we finally killed her." Kyle whispered to himself. You glanced over sharply at him, scared for the blue-headed girl, though you hadn't even met her properly yet. "We've killed the unkillable. Oh shit."

Suddenly there was a flash of blue, and Kyle went flying backwards. Alex wasn't lying on the bags anymore. You spun around to see her holding Kyle in a choke hold on the concrete, sneering happily.

"YOU CAN NEVER KILL ME!!" She shouted, adding a maniacal laugh for effect. Kyle made a choking sound and Alex let go, pushing him away and popping up to her feet. She grinned down at him and his fierce glare, then looked up at you blankly, blinking slowly. "Um, do I know you? No, I don't... Who are you?"

"I-I'm (Y/N)." You answered, a bit shocked by her forwardness. Though you guessed you shouldn't be, seeing as you had just seen her fall off a tall building and not only survive, but come up kicki--er, tackling. "I'm just in town until our car is fixed."

"Oh." Alex acknowledged. She grinned. "I'm Alexis Meyword but call me Alexis and you will die."

You blinked in surprise. Your surprise doubled when Alex was abruptly tackled to the ground, much like what had happened to Kyle (who had gotten up and gone inside the store, grumbling). Jess, the brunette, was squeezing the living daylights out of Alex, mouth going a mile a minute as she apologized and said how worried she had been. 

"Jess." Alex finally croaked. "AIR."

Jess shot up, letting go and running inside of the building. Alex just lied on the concrete, gasping.

"Um, are... are you okay?" You asked, taking a few steps closer. Alex nodded, breathing steadily growing slower.

"Jess has weird mood swings." She huffed, glancing over at you. "Sorry if you were weirded out by us, but we're weird."