Assassination and Attraction

Quartz scanned the case file, eyes taking in all of the information in it.

NAME: Sorian 'the Ripper' Pafhelo
AGE: 15
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
EYE COLOR: Blue
HEIGHT: 5"6'
WEIGHT: 134 lbs
RACE: Non-demon (Tanned white skin)

Along with a page and a half or so telling the target's normal behaviors and schedules. But, as usual, not the reason he'd been called in. That was never included. It was all standard procedure.

Quartz closed the manila file and threw it back down on the glass table, looking up at his boss.

"Any questions?" Lord Devil, or LD asked pleasantly. Quartz leaned back in his chair and crossed his hands in his lap.

"Why 'Ripper'?" He asked. LD smiled.

"Because she rips apart all of her opponents." He answered. Quartz' eyebrows raised.

"Opponents?"

"Pafhelo is in her school's boxing club."

"Let me guess," Quartz sighed. "She beat someone and now they want revenge?"

"Something like that." LD replied lightly. "Will you accept the job?"

"Do I ever turn one down?"

"Fair enough." LD chuckled. "We'll be flying you out to her town tomorrow morning. You'll be integrated into her school. Like always, we don't care how you complete the job, just do."

Quartz smirked cockily.

"Don't I always?"

~_~_~

"Sorian! Up! 30 minutes!"

Sorian Pafhelo was jerked out of sleep the same way she was every day. With her big sister Celas loudly telling her to get up, and also informing her how much time she had left before Celas had to leave for work, and leave with Sorian's ride.

Sorian jumped out of bed, making sure to grab her phone so she wouldn't rip her earbuds out of her ears, something that she found incredibly annoying. Jacking up the volume of the music already blaring into her ears, Sorian rushed around her room, shedding her sleep clothes (a large faded blue t-shirt and a pair of black shorts) and pulling on her outfit for the day. Black v-neck, dark blue jeans, and black/white checkered sneakers.

After grabbing her galaxy backpack, Sorian ran out of her room, humming the song playing on her Spotify, and into the kitchen, where Celas and her little brother Nero were waiting.

"Let's go." Sorian grinned at them. Celas nodded silently and Nero smiled weakly at her. The family of three went out to the car, Sorian claiming shotgun. The ride to school was pretty quiet, with Sorian's humming and mumbled singing being the only noise. When they reached the school, Sorian and Nero waved at their silently stoic sister as she drove off. Sorian pulled her earbuds out of her ears and stowed her phone in her bag.

"I guess I'll see you at lunch?" Nero asked as they walked into the building. Sorian ruffled his hair, smirking.

"You know it. See ya!" The two split off, Nero going one way, Sorian the other, as they made their way to homeroom. They were dangerously close to being late. Sorian practically sprinted down the hallway to get to her first period, Social Studies. She made it to her desk just as the bell rang.

"Alright, everyone, sit down!" Mr. Sterling called, prompting any standing stragglers to sit down. Mr. Sterling was a younger teacher who was simultaneously stern and fun (somehow). [Sterling description(?)] "Today we're going to have a new student."

The classroom door opened and in stepped the new student. He had silver-gray hair that stuck out all over the place in the back, though the front was brushed back so his crystalline cut and filed horns were on display. His skin was ashy, but it looked good. His outfit consisted of a black t-shirt with a white logo on it, light blue jeans, and dark gray converse. His dark onyx eyes scanned the classroom, and it was probably her imagination, but Sorian thought they lingered on her apathetic face longer than the other students.

"Introduce yourself, please." Mr. Sterling told him. The demon nodded and smirked at the class. Sorian swore she heard a few people sigh dreamily. 

"My name's Quartz Saliem, and as of today, I'll be joining your class." Quartz said, eyes once again sweeping over the students, making eye contact with everyone. When he paused on her again, Sorian raised an inquisitive eyebrow, but he had already moved on.

"Alright, Quartz, there's an open seat right behind Sorian." Mr. Sterling said. "Sorian, raise your hand."

Yawning, Sorian put a bandaged hand into the air so Quartz could follow it to his seat. He made his way there at a moderate pace, sending charming smiles to a few of the girls and even some guys. When he gave one to Sorian, she rolled her eyes and let out another yawn behind her bandage wrapped fist.

"Sleepy?" He asked as he put his black backpack on the floor and slid into his seat.

"I have not had sufficient time to become awake." Sorian muttered in response as Mr Sterling began his lesson in a droning voice. Quartz raised an eyebrow at the back of her blonde head.

"Those are some pretty big words for someone who's half asleep." He said in a nearly-teasing tone of voice. Sorian didn't answer as she reached down to her unzipped bag and pulled a beat up composition book out, just hummed a grumpy 'hrrm' to let the new kid she'd heard him. Quartz narrowed his eyes slightly at the back of her head. So far she seemed to be apathetic towards him, which was a good thing. The longer he stayed a random new kid the better. It gave him more chances to study her, find weaknesses, and exploit them.