Chapter 5.

~Ahn Migyung P.O.V.~

~A week after they move in~

It was weird living with Yoongi. At school he acted like this big bad boy with a cold heart but the more I was around him, the more I realized he was super sweet and nice. I always painted him as this big bully when really he was this beautiful flower.

I'm sure he probably just acts like that at school because of his friends and their group image. They call themselves BTS and always perform in the talent show each year. Honestly, they were good. They were trying to get a contract from what I heard Yoongi say to his appa the other day.

At first, I thought he would give eomma a hard time but really whenever he would see her cooking he would prepare kimchi on the side. He made really good kimchi. 

When he would walk into a room he could light it up.

But today was different. When he walked in his head was down, his shoulders practically touching the floor. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I couldn't will myself to. He just grabbed his car keys and walked out the door like he used to.

Joho had left early that morning to go work but I had noticed he had also been really sullen too. He just hugged my mom for a long time as she held him tight. She must know. So as Yoongi's car sped off I went into her room.

She was laying in bed reading a book. "Eomma, why is everyone so sad today?" I say, sitting on the edge of the bed. She had her thinking face, probably decided to tell me or not. She sat down the book and scooted closer to me.

She grabbed my hand, "It's... uh... it's a hard day for those two. Joho's wife and Yoongi's mom passed away on this day. They're probably just remembering her a lot. Just give them time to their selves. They'll be okay though, don't worry."

I mean my dad wasn't in my life. I had only seen him 3 times before. The last time when I was 13. He now had his own family and was happy. I could never imagine if he was gone completely. Because though he's not here, at least I still have the satisfaction that he's in reach. Yoongi and Joho don't have that...

Eomma and I just sat there in silence for a while. It must have been a long time because I was still sitting there when Joho pulled in from work. Eomma looked at the time, "Yah, I forgot to make his snack for after work." 

She got up, probably to rush and fry him an egg or heat up leftovers from dinner, though now with Yoongi we didn't have many. I walked to my room and just laid on my bed still thinking. I felt bad for them. I really did...

~A bit later.~

It was 2 am and I was still up on my phone listening to music. I heard a loud sound by my window so I went to it, opening it. To my surprise it was Yoongi. He was tapping on my window, "Let me in,"(GIRL LET ME KNOW) he said and I opened the window all the way so he could climb in.

He jumped in his spot, straightening his clothes. "Thanks, the front door would've been too loud." I just nodded, it was weird with him being in my room since the last time he was uninvited. 

He studied me for a second, cocking his eyebrow, "You okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I replied. He sighed and sat on my bed, laying down.

"Being honest?" he said, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Yes, of course." I sat next to him on my bed, not comfortable to lay down yet though.

"I'm not," he puffed out and rolled over on his stomach, his head laying on his arm as he peered up at me. "I was tempted to drink to avoid the pain but she always told me that I was a big boy and didn't need liquor to deal with my problems."

I knew who he was talking about but I didn't know if he would be okay with my mom telling me about what happened so I asked who he was talking about, finally laying down next to him.

"My eomma... Today is her anniversary. Not a good anniversary though, this is the day she died 5 years ago. Blot clot that was never treated. She didn't have insurance so she never went to the doctor. It ended up killing her." 

He sounded like he was on the verge of crying so I put my hand on his head, running my fingers through his hair to soothe him. That's when he really started crying. I scooted closer to him to where we were touching and continued to stroke his hair.

I let him cry. At some point, I also started crying for his pain. It was always good to let your emotions free instead of bottling them up. "I just miss her," he said after a while. "Your mom reminds me of her. I think that's why my dad is with her. She was always lively and looking out for others. I don't mean to sound weird but whenever I see your mom I think of my mom... That's why I asked her if I could call her eomma.." 

The tears had become too much for him to talk anymore so I just scooted even closer to him and repeated that everything was okay. I wished for his pain to fade and for his smile to come back. 

I kept playing with his hair until the tears stopped and he had cried himself asleep. Even after I played with his hair. I did until I also fell asleep.

SO THIS WAS SAD BUT I FEEL LIKE IT REALLY HELPED BUILD THE CHARACTERS.

THANK YOU FOR READING <3