Chapter 19

~Ahn Migyung's P.O.V.~

~3 Years Later~

I park the car, gathering up my purse. I exit, flipping my hair as I do. I look over my shoulder to my neighbors to see if their son was being a creep and staring at me from his window again. Kids were weird nowadays.

When I don't see him I walk inside, my heels clicking on the walkway. Even before I open the door I hear Scruffy. Scruffy is Yugyeom's, my boyfriend, dog. He was cute but annoying at the same time, I swear his barking is the reason my hearing has been crap lately.

When the door opens the dog runs out, wagging his tail wildly. He starts to jump on me but I point my finger at him intimidatingly, knowing that if he does I will most definitely fall over in these heels.

I shoo him into the house, immediately taking off the heels and feeling the comforting release. I start to unbutton my uniform as I walk to the bedroom. I work in a department store and the uniforms are terrible. They constrict me and make my feet feel like I've run five miles.

After changing into my pajamas and taking off my bra I collapse on the bed, opening my laptop to look for a second job. The department store paid good money but my stepdad's birthday is coming soon and I need extra money to get him a good gift. Last year I sent him socks and got an earful from my eumma about it.

After writing down a few numbers to call the following day I hear the door unlock. It must be Yugyeom. Instead of going to greet him, I wait in bed, still looking at jobs. He walks into the room and goes straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

I sigh, immediately recognizing that he wasn't in the mood to talk today. He gets weird moods like this. He won't even lay with me, he'll just head to the couch and watch TV all night. I shut down the laptop and get under the blankets, trying to sleep before he comes out so I don't have to deal with his anger tonight.

For a short second, the image of Yoongi's gummy smile enters my brain. It was better with him. I loved him a lot, I sometimes wonder why I pushed him away after the news with my dad. It was too late now though, Yoongi had achieved his dreams and was now touring with his six friends.  

There were also rumors he was soon to be engaged to another idol from a kpop group. Looking at the girl you could just tell that he would never think about me with a girl as pretty as her by his side.

I mentally slapped myself for even thinking about him. I had Yugyeom now, I needed to focus on him. Sure, he was moody sometimes but he still cared. I mean, he even bought me a new car last month. He was just moody, that was all.

~~~

~Two months later~

I end up getting my second job in reporting. I took a few journalism-based classes in college so I had the background for it and it paid even more money for the department store. 

A report gets thrown on my desk with a thud, removing me from my desk work. I look up to see my boss, Jung Lee Woo, standing above me. I immediately straighten up, pushing my hair behind my shoulder and giving a dazzling smile. 

"Cover this story. I want an exclusive interview with the couple. Get it done in two weeks." 

"Thank you, sir, I will work hard," I say as I get up, bowing. I hold the bow until he walks away. I sit back down, pushing the desk work to the side to look at the report. In big bold letters, it reads Idol Min Yoongi and Sung Kyung Hwa Engagement. 

My anxiety kicks in and I set the paper down, holding my head in my hands. I can't do this, I can't see him after what I did. He hates me, I'm sure of it. I stand up, thinking about how I have to tell Lee Woo that I can't do this story.

I start to march to his office when my office buddy, Han Ji Ran stops me. "Migyung, I heard you got the report on Min Yoongi, congratulations! That will be a big start to your career." She leans forward, looking around for anyone watching before saying, "I heard that whoever does it gets a huge bonus and can debut as a writer."

My eyes pop out of my sockets as I stare at her, clutching the report in my hands. I need that bonus. Yugyeom lost his job a few days ago after having an angry fit and getting into a fight with a co-worker. I also really wanted to debut as a writer so I could quit the department store job and stop walking in those ridiculous heels all day.

Ji Ran walks away, winking at me. I stand where I'm at for a few seconds, trying to make up my mind on the matter. I walk back to my desk, shoving the report in my carry bag.

 I was going to do it for the opportunity. 

I mean, maybe he wouldn't even remember me so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, since he was getting engaged he probably wouldn't even care about me. My heart stings a little at the last comment.

I just hope this all works out.

~~~

HEY GUYS SORRY ITS BEEN FOREVER. MY LIFE HAS BEEN HECTIC LIKE I LITERALLY BROKE MY NOSE TODAY WHEN PLAYING BASKETBALL BUT I STILL WANTED TO GET A CHAPTER OUT SO I SAT DOWN AND WROTE.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE DIRECTION THE STORY IS GOING IN.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN, I'M EXCITED TO HEAR IT.

THANK YOU FOR 3,OOO+ READS TOO, YOU GUYS ARE REALLY AWESOME.

GOODBYE, THANK YOU FOR READING.