Chapter 26

~Ahn Migyung's P.O.V.~

It's the next day. I'm at home after a day of work filled with panic that maybe Sung Kyung Hwa would tell my boss. Surely, they would not understand and see Yoongi and I's relationship as disgusting, possibly costing me my job. Miraculously, that did not happen, though I still had those nerves while sitting on the couch in the living room.

When J'Hope comes home, I about jump two feet in the air. "Jesus, you scared me!"

I say, huffing out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding.

"And your face scares me on the daily but I don't ever say it to you directly," he says plainly as he slips off his shoes quickly, coming to take a seat by me. "I have bad news," he says.

I gulp, my nerves growing by the second, wondering if he knows about anything related to the Sung Kyung Hwa, if she told the press and Yoongi is now being seen in a terrible light. "What might it be?" I ask hesitantly.

"So," he says, dragging the word out. "Do you remember when we planned to sneak and get information about Sung Kyung Hwa?"

I raise an eyebrow, a bit curious as to why he was bringing this up now, months later. "Um, yes, why?"

"Okay, so, I hired a private investigator. They just contacted me today with some information. Apparently, she went to our school when we were younger." I start to tell him that I already knew that but instead, he continues. "Also, he saw her meeting up with your parents the other day, which is how he found out that she used to live in the same area we did."

My chest starts going a million miles an hour. I think to myself, "Well, of course, she would go to talk to them. She is still technically Yoongi's fiance. If management wants them to pretend to still be together, they should put on a good facade."Even though that makes perfect sense, I still get an aching feeling in my chest.

J-Hope then continues, "The interesting part is that they were able to dig into some old records and found out that she changed her name once she graduated from high school." I raise an eyebrow and lean up a bit on the sofa. J-Hope pulls out his phone then and starts scrolling through his emails, clicking on one. He then turns the screen towards me and says, "The bad news is . . . you know her better than anyone else."

~~~

~Min Yoongi's P.O.V.~

I had been trying to avoid Sung Kyung Hwa for days now. My manager was getting really irritated with it, as they still wanted to go through with the publicity stunt and carry on the engagement for a bit longer. Today though, I had run out of opportunities and had an engagement photoshoot to do with her.

As I walked to where we were supposed to meet, I felt my limbs growing tired and weary with each step. I had an assistant following me that was rambling off random details of what our plan for the day was but I wasn't listening. I couldn't believe that she knew about Migyung and I. I also had no idea what she would be willing to do with that information, which scared me even more than anything else.

When I walked into the room, I immediately felt a shiver go down my back. Her eyes darted over to meet mine as quick as an arrow and I saw a smirk begin to form on her lips. "Oh, speak of the devil," she said to the group of people she was speaking to. She then began to make her way over to me and before when I would've called her pretty in the way she walked, today it just felt like she was leaving a trail of destruction behind.

She came up and kissed me on the cheek, whispering in my ear as she did, "Now, you best be on your best behavior or else."

I stared daggers at her as she backed up and put on a smile, clasping her hand together and looking at everyone, "Alright! Let's get this started."

~~~

After the photoshoot, I was sitting in the dressing room and checking my phone, answering a message from Migyung and telling her how I missed her when the door swung open. In strolled Sung Kyung, closing the door behind her. She then took a seat across from me and I stared at her, "What are you doing in here?"

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "Just wanted to have a little talk with you." She began picking at her nails, looking almost bored.

"I don't want to talk with you though," I said, getting up. Before I could, she did too and stood in my way.

"You're going to want to know that your father knows what you've been doing." I froze, my shoulders slumping and looking at the ground.

Through clenched teeth I say, "Why? Why do you insist on doing this?" I step back and run a hand through my hair and begin pacing a bit. "I mean, you have that guy in London! Why even try hanging onto me, go after him!" I'm yelling at this point, I am just so over it, over her trying to ruin everything.

She stands there as I continue yelling, staring at me in shock almost. I don't think she ever thought that she would see me at this level of frustration. She then stops me, yelling, "It's not you I'm getting back at! It's Migyung!" A tear starts to go down her face as slumps her shoulders. "You really don't recognize me?"

I stop pacing and really look at her face. I see some kind of resemblance but I just can't pinpoint it. "What are you even saying?' I say in frustration.

She sighs and says, "Soomin, she was my sister... Migyung was her best friend in high school and just ditched her out of nowhere! Soomin tried to find her. She took a semester off of college to try and track her down and . . ," she begins to choke on her tears. I stay silent, not knowing what to say as I look at her. I know how this story goes, I had heard it for years as Jin struggled with the reality of what happened to Soomin, though I never heard the reason why. . . until now.

"Migyung didn't even come to the funeral, nothing! Soomin would've given anything to find her but Migyung could've cared less about what happened to her." My brain rambled to find answers. I wasn't even sure if Migyung even knew what happened to her.

I sit back down in the chair, head in my hands, while Sung Kyung Hwa just cried. I couldn't sit and just yell at her. She just seemed like a lost child, someone who was dealing with a loss of a loved one in the wrong way and I wasn't sure how to communicate that to her.

I look up at her and ask, "How about you, Migyung, and I sit down and talk everything through?"

She looks at me like I just betrayed her and said, "Why should I? She never bothered to try and talk with Soomin."

I sigh, "I really don't even think that Migyung has any idea about what happened to your sister. When she left, she disappeared and just left everything behind . . . She didn't just leave your sister, she left everyone . . ." I think about that night she left and how for weeks afterward, I also tried to find her but in the midst of my sadness, began to party a lot. It took the rest of the group to sit me down to talk for me to straighten up and instead put everything into the group instead.

"We may go and talk to her but the damage is already done, when I said your father knew, I meant it. Migyung doesn't just get to get off free, she needs to also hurt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS IM BACK. THIS WAS A ROLLER COASTER AND I HAD TO REREAD A LOT FO TEH BOOK BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN SO LONG AND I FORGOT WHAT WAS EVEN HAPPENING LOL.

ALSO SORRY IF I HAVENT ANSWERED ANY MESSAGES, IVE GOTTEN SO MANY AND SOME ARE MONTHS OLD SO THEN I JUST FEEL LIKE HIGHKEY WEIRD IF I REPLY NOW BECAUSE LIKE HOW DO YOU SAY, "HEY SORRY THAT I HAVENT REPLIED TO YOU SINCE OCTOBER." YOU JUST DONT.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS, YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY THE BEST

IM GLAD TO BE BACK