Chapter 13

~Ahn Migyung P.O.V.~

After the other night when I saw Yoongi cry I can't help to be drawn to him even more. I feel as if I'm annoying but I constantly follow him everywhere. He has been more open with me too, for the first time I'm really experiencing what it's like to have a friend that you tell and share everything with. I could never share anything with Soomin because she would always find a way to relate the situation to herself. After a while I just got accustomed to just listening to her, uttering no words. 

Yoongi is different. He actually allows me to talk while he's the one who listens. He makes me feel like I have a voice and teaches me to be confident with it. The other night while sitting on his bed, I had been stressed from studying. He asked why I study so much if it makes me so stressed.

I replied, "I feel like it's the only thing going for me, you know? Like you and your friends have your music. Soomin has her extremely good looks. I don't have anything like that so I have to excel in my academics." 

I could tell he took pity in me by the way he swayed back and forth in front of me. He was calculating how to make me feel assured. "I don't know about anyone else but I think you're pretty great without that big brains of yours. If I'm honest, it makes you unattractive with how much you study. All the stressing is going to give you wrinkles faster. Aish, you don't even put creams on your face like other girls."

He leaned closer to me, taking a good look at my face. I felt like my heart forgot to work for a second as his eyes examined me.

"See, you're already getting some," he says, poking my face. I slap his hand away, scowling.

Though I pretended to be offended that night, what he said really flattered me. All the other kids at school know about me is that I always make it in the top five of the class, but Yoongi doesn't see me that way...

~~~

"You'll have to use the Pythagorean theorem," I explain to Yoongi. He signs in frustration, rubbing his hand over his eyes. He hates these study sessions but after his appa saw his grades, I was assigned to be his tutor no matter how much Yoongi protested. 

"What kind of name is Pythagorean anyways? I feel like the people that create all these formulas know that math is boring so they give it weird names like Pythagorean to spice things up," Yoongi says. He's been ranting like this since started. He really does not enjoy academics.

"Whatever you say, if the name helps you remember the formula then so be it. Now, try number three." He starts to chalk numbers down on the paper and then looks up at me intently. "What?" I ask.

He smirks, "nothing, just thinking of this math problem." He goes back to writing vigorously and when he finishes the problem he leans back in his chair. 

I look over his work, smiling when I realize that he got the correct answer. "Good job, you got it correct!" I say, going in for a high five. As his hand reaches mine, he intertwines his fingers with mine, leaning in close with our noses only a few inches apart. He stares at me for a minute before giving a smirk again.

"Yoongi, what are you doing?" I say, looking around at everyone in the library, afraid they were watching us and getting weird ideas. Yoongi reaches his other hand up, moving my head to where I'm looking at him again.

"Let's go somewhere and celebrate," he whispers, his eyes begging for me to say yes to him.

I gulp, "We still have a few more-"

"I'll do them for homework and you can check them tomorrow. Is that okay?" With his face still close to mine and his eyes begging I end up saying yes. He immediately retreats, letting go of my hand and packing up all the things in his backpack.

I'm still a little shaken up by what happened when he grabs me by the shoulders and takes me to his car. He all smiles as he drives and I stare at him in astonishment. He looks so carefree and so different than I ever imagined him being. 

We end up pulling up to a gas station of all things. I look around, confused, wondering if he stopped to get gas. As he starts to get out, he realizes I'm not following him. "What are you doing? Come on." 

I nod, getting out slowly. He comes around the car, walking right past me. I follow him, really perplexed. He continues to walk until we go into a field behind the gas station. He continues to walk until we get to a point where the gas station is very minuscule. 

"Yoongi, my legs hurt, where are we going?" He stops, turning around to face me, looking around for a few seconds.

"I read in a magazine that there was a place like this. I didn't believe it but I knew that if it was true I would want to come here with you," he says. 

I look at him in surprise. "Why..?" I ask hesitantly. 

"It reminds me of you. On the outside, it looks like a detestable place but once you really look at it, it's quite beautiful and holds wonders that you have to see with your own eyes to believe."

~~~

OKAY SO MY NEW LAPTOP IS GREAT AND NOW I CAN WRITE MORE SO BE PREPARED. THANKS FOR READING, YOU ALL ARE GREAT <3