Chapter 1: I Got Dragged Into A War

"Wait, what? No,no, did you just say you're a god? Isn't a god supposed to be like, I don't know, have wings and emit a divine aura surrounded by angels?"

I ask with a slightly raised voice..

"Ooh that's quite interesting, coincidentally, I read the same setting, in this book I found in your world, I guess that's how most gods appear to you humans, but I'm different."

Is this god right in the head?
Wait, this is not the time for that..

"Different? How are you different?"

"Didn't I just say it just now, I'm a hidden god."

"What does that even mean?"

"Let me explain, but first, I have to start from the beginning..
The one who created this world, The One True God, called his creation, "Quadra" and then proceeded to divide it into four continents, namely, the Human Continent, "Myriad", due north; the Beastman Continent, "Feriad" in the direction of the east; the Elves Continent, "Neriad" in the west; and finally, the Demon Continent, "Heliad" located in the south..

Due to the size of his creation, he decided to create 'The Four Great Gods' to govern it..
Wherein, each God watches over 1 continent:
Solaris, the Sun God who commands light, and the human realm..
Memphis, the Earth God, who moves earth by his will, and governs the demi-humans..
Avaceris, the Nature Goddess, who creates spirits, protecting the forest-dwellers..
And finally, Polaris, the Goddess of the Moon, that rules over the demons, but due to recent circumstances, she is now called, The Demon God"

"Wait, recent circumstances?"

"Yes, but now's not the time to elaborate, moving on..

The True God, used most of its divine energy in creating said world, the great gods, and its various inhabitants, so as a result, he had to go back to the divine realm, to recover.. The divine realm is located at the center of the world, interconnecting the continents.. But this is a hidden realm wherein only he, and whomever he permits has access to..

It was there he waited, recovering his divine energy, bit by bit, while watching his world grow.."

"Yeah, so? What's that got to do with how you're different?"

"I'm getting to that, might I ask why you're in such a hurry? Because even though you're already dead, you're still in a rush? But to tell you the truth, you don't need to worry about the time, since we are, after all, in a place where time, has stopped moving. So this might be strange to say, but... We have all the time in the world right now"

He said that while having a calm smile present on his face, but as I have somehow developed a habit of sensing auras due to my body's disposition, I can certainly sense a slight tinge of anger at getting interrupted..

So, I decided to keep quiet, for both of our sake..
"I'm sorry, please continue"

"*Cough* I see, now where was I..

Oh, that's right, over the years, the four Gods have done as they pleased, and the One True God watched over them, as they slowly grew into stronger supreme beings, by gathering the faith of the different races, but one day, the Gods grew bored over governing for about a million years, so they sought excitement, to save them from their dull existences, they decided on wanting to have fights, competition, and battles with strong beings such as themselves, but since the four Gods can't fight each other, they collaborated in a project to create stronger beings that they can fight, in other words, a whole new race, when they succeeded, they called the new existences, the Dragon Race"

"Dragons, huh, yeah, I guess they do sound strong"

I say in a matter of fact tone due to my knowledge of the fantasy creatures, which usually appears as last bosses in games, and mighty beings in novels..