Chapter 30.5: Intermission

-Serena POV-

"Arius Mizastrum Seizes"

I chant a spirit spell targeting the rushing warriors..

A stirring in the atmosphere creates an ominous wind..

A moment of silence ensued before large tree branches sprout from the ground, grabbing the startled soldiers, and gouging out the opened earth, leaving large holes in its wake..

"""""GUUUUUUUUUUUUU"""""

Approximately five large treants were summoned with my spell, and are decimating the enemy troops..

"Wha-where did these things come from?!"

"No, I don't want to die!"

The screams and squeals of dying men fill the battlefield, countless bodies flew, spraying large amounts of blood..

If this was the me from ten years ago, I would want to look away from this scene of carnage, since I would inevitably release whatever I ate that day and then some from my mouth..

But, I have already gotten used to seeing this scene..

So now, I just learned to treat it like it was natural, this was war of course..

Oh, it seems that my treants have finished annihilating the whole platoon. They are now forming a line in front of me..

"Now, go back to the earth from whence you came, [Release]"

When I said the keyword to release the skill, their bodies immediately broke down into broken wood and dirt..

These were creatures summoned to do my bidding using my unique skill, [Nature Magic]..

It was a type of magic that allowed me to control anything related to the plants and earth. It was already proven that among the elves, I was the only one who could use it. Since they said that they have never heard of it before when I questioned them about it, I might even be the only one that can on this entire globe..

Or at least, I think it's a globe..

I wasn't very keen on geography much, but even if I was, I had no way of finding out whether this world was round or flat, so I let it be. So far, during these 12 years of war, I have learned to hone my skills under the tutelage of my teacher, who was the one who guided me on everything I needed to know about this world, "Quadra"..

But, for the past two years, I haven't seen her since they said she went off on a mission..

So, I asked them what was the mission, and inquired about when she would be back. They, after hearing my question, had a strange look on their faces. They told me that it wasn't going to be long, she would be back before I knew it..

But, two years have already passed, and not one of them was worried, or asked how she has been. At first, I thought that the elves were heartless so I once blew up in front of them, but it seemed that I was the one who was strange..

Well, two years are not really that long for the elven race, so they openly showed their indifferent expressions..

But, I am different. Since I knew that I wasn't a normal elf. I was once, a human..

My sense of time was several times faster than theirs, since I was used to running late to school most mornings..

Those were the days, when I overslept, no one would wake me, since I lived alone, away from my parents in the countryside. People around me were a blur, and they too, were rushing to their various appointments..