Chapter 30: Moving Towards The West

I was different..

I have always been different..

From the moment I was born, I was blessed..

Being born into the prestigious and wealthy family, "The Suzuya Group"

Growing up, I had close to no problems..

Adding to that, I was a person gifted with talent..

At an early age, I learned how to read, write, and communicate with others fluently..

Once I set my mind to something, I would quickly learn and adapt it into myself..

Reaching the age of five, I had as much knowledge of the world as someone who would have normally studied for a hundred years..

Due to this, people thought I was strange, an abnormal child..

But with the power of money, that all went away..

They then, started to call me a prodigy, a unique child..

Casually sugarcoating words like that, is exactly what I learned to expect from money-grubbing adults..

But it wasn't all false praise, since I too, thought of myself as a genius..

After considering all the facts, and the way people looked at me like I was a superior, even though I was still little..

It wasn't because I was conceited, and overconfident in my own strength and capabilities..

But because I had a god-given talent, which I could do nothing about, it all came to me as natural..

Of course, with me being like this would normally draw ill will and unwanted attention..

In fact, I expected it to happen..

But alas, all they did when faced with the only son of the "Suzuya Group", heir to one of the richest companies was..

"How nice to be so smart at such a young age.." or "Your path is filled with opportunities!" and the like..

Such blatant lies said to better their own image..

I did not find this amusing in the least, so I decided to study more about human nature, when I reached 6 years old..

When I started going to school, a prestigious prep school for the rich and famous, mostly owned by my father's company, nothing had changed..

The fake smiles, the winning favors, the never-ending competition of getting ahead of each other..

Because of this, I thought that I had my answer to my topic of research..

That when you are born with wealth, good looks, and intelligence, you would have a worry-free life..

Which was far from the truth..

I, in fact worried everyday, having to keep up appearances, and dealing with two-faced people, not knowing when, where, or how they are going to abandon me down the line, when I somehow lose everything..

I concluded that it was natural human nature to do what they did, considering that there had been countless precedents..

When that realization dawned on me, I started to doubt humans themselves, and instead. started becoming cynical towards interaction..

That whenever I meet someone, I try to find out their secrets, and ulterior motives by reading their demeanor..

Most of the time, I get it right, but because of this, I started to despair at the concept of human nature..