Chapter 36: Winter Mornings

"So it's already morning.."

I say my first words at the start of a new day after opening my eyelids. What greeted me was a streak of sunlight refracting from the windowsill..

Of course, there was no glass.

Well, not yet.

I get up from my laying position, and sit up on the bed. I turn my head to look beyond the window, and into the horizon..

Judging by the fact that it was still slightly warm, it must have been early in the morning, just after daybreak. The morning is the only time during the winter season where you feel the most warmth for the rest of the day.

So, its a good idea to go outside at this time, rather than endure the chill of the afternoon later.

Hmm? I felt something small in my hand..

When I open my fingers on my right palm, I saw the small, black communication device.

"So it got carried over? How does that even work?"

I was curious about the laws of space being broken, but I needed more information on the laws of this world before I make a conclusion about the possible and impossible..

After examining it for a while, I place it inside my right ear.

*Glow*

I could sense a faint trace of magic being used from inside the device while it was shining golden for a second..

The next moment, the earpiece was gone.

I wanted to know what happened to it, but there were no mirrors within my reach.

But then I remembered how I was going to make glass for the villagers without having to go to another city.

This combination of skills would be, most likely considered a cheat, but there was no other way.

"[Aura Weapon Creation]"

Various colors of light seep from my skin, and meld together into an item in front of my very eyes..

The result was..

A glass sword.

Umu, that's right.

A long, clear sword made entirely out of glass..

I didn't know the principle behind this skill, but it seemed that I could actually make any weapon as long as I knew the minor details of its construction. I knew most weapons and how they were made through various research in the past but I didn't think that it would prove this useful in another world..

You just had to imagine countless atoms and molecules of different elements melding together into a shape.

Simple. right?

Well, now that that's over, let's begin..

I again invoked [Dragon King's Aura] to produce a high heat from my palm, in order to melt the long sword of glass structure, into a flat pane. But I had to do this carefully since I didn't want to deform its shape.

I wished I could have used the elementary magic, [Heat Spark] as to make this easier, but alas, I cannot use magic spells no matter what method I try. Which can only lead me to believe that the [Aura Gift] skill was to blame.

When it said that other magic couldn't be used, I tried to find a loophole, but the results say that it was a waste of effort. Frustration will get me nowhere, so lets make do with what I have for now.

While carefully heating each part of the sword one by one, from the hilt to its very tip, I have succeeded in making a flat surface of glass. Although its so clouded you cannot see through it, nor see your reflection.