Chapter 34: Goodbyes

-???'s POV-

Somewhere on the snow-covered lands inside the Human Continent, Myriad, a certain landscape was changed..

Some distance away from the village known as "Glimmer Village", a deep, round, scorched crater was evident..

It contrasted the sight of the never-ending fall of snowflakes touching the ground, creating pure white fluff..

The dark, barren wasteland stretched until about 500 meters outward in the shape of a circular hole..

Some might think that a meteor must have collided with the ground, as it was the only plausible and logical reason given the monstrous destruction at the center of the calm snowfields..

Of course, the people of this world had no knowledge of meteors, but still, it looked as if it was an aftermath of a horrible disaster. One would wonder how the crater came to be, and how to prevent this from happening to them in the future if they saw the spectacle..

The once moist, soft, and pure white snow was no more. In it's place was black, dry earth, akin to desert sand dunes and its ground scorched with the highest temperature..

There was no trace of anything living within the wide area..

Well, of course, not considering the one who caused it..

In the very center of the circle was an entity covered in a black veil of magic with purple flames being released from time to time. This entity was an embodiment of rage, deeply breathing in and out the cold air of the atmosphere..

With two different colored eyes, blazing two clashing flames, the purple-haired youth wearing clothes that were as black as the night itself. Standing alone with an angry look on his face..

His very visage was likened to a demon, no, a horrifying disaster that destroys with reckless abandon..

There was no other word to describe him except, monster..

After a few minutes, the youth realized that the deed was done, and there was no danger around him. So, he calmed down soon after, retracting the veil of darkness and reverting to his normal, strange appearance..

"Tch.."

He clicked his tongue and looked around once more before departing..

With his hands balled up into fists, and his eyebrows scrunched up in irritation, he turned around and flickered away..

Like he was an ethereal existence, he disappeared from the place as fast as when he arrived..

....

When the silence of night covered the disaster zone, and no presences could be felt, a voice resounded..

"How long are you going to play dead, Xander?" - ???

As clear as crystal, the voice of a woman was heard, and a young woman with voluptuous features covered with a revealing toga, flesh-colored hair, and bright golden eyes appeared from the darkness..

"Honestly, I was disappointed in that fight, I should have fought that kid, Alex, grrr.." - ???

While spitting out condescending words in a spiteful manner, a man with bulging muscles, all covered with dark-grey fur, had long wolf ears on the top his head, golden eyes, and a long swaying tail..

A short silence was heard for a few seconds..

But then..

"Shut up, he was surprisingly too strong, is all." - ???