Chapter 38: Reaching The Border

-Jun's POV-

"Thank you for everything so far.."

I bow in gratitude towards the village chief, Germundo. It was only right since I spent more than a month here in this village of theirs. The peaceful days here has come to an end.

"No, no, I, we, should be thanking you, Glim..Orion-dono. You have done so much for us, the kids, and the village.."

With those words as the signal, the whole village bowed in reverence towards me. They must have planned this beforehand. Even though I hated the gesture of bowing, somehow this time, I felt a slight sense of fulfillment from seeing their grateful gazes.

I could see Lena and her party, Xant and the workers, the blacksmith Sandor, and the other villagers say their goodbyes mixed in the crowd of people..

Whilst the adults of the village were bowing with slight tears in their eyes, the various children of the village appeared out of nowhere and ran towards my direction with trembling expressions.

I was suddenly surrounded by the many children I had healed and I could recognize many faces out of the group. Since I often taught them games from my world to avoid getting bored, they naturally grew attached to me. Though I'm not thinking of anything bad, it was still bad for my heart to have teary eyed children looking up towards me.

I don't see Jin anywhere though. In fact, I haven't seen him since this morning. I wonder what he was up to..

"Don-don't go Niichan!"

"Why do you have to leave niisan?"

"You still have to play with us Orion-nii!"

Hugging my waist, pulling my clothes and wailing with tears in their eyes, the village children exclaimed out loud towards the absent-minded me. It almost made me regret leaving.

Ah, this is bliss. If only time could stop. Ah, no this is bad. I have to let them go, albeit reluctantly.

*Pat*

To the kids in front of me, I gave them a soft ruffle on their little heads. I squatted down, and said towards them at eye-level, making Sharon their representative since she was in the middle.

"I'll play with you next time, okay?"

While unconsciously showing a bright smile filled with genuine intent to visit them in the future, I stand up and turn around, starting to walk away from Glimmer Village, the temporary place I stayed in. A place that gave me warmth even in the coldest nights of winter.

Although I carry a heavy pain in my heart towards leaving the sad little boys and girls, I calm my outer expression and said my goodbyes to them before I changed my mind.

"I'll come by again, if anything happens, contact me!"

With a wave of my palm, and confirming the nod of the village chief, I set off westward, to fulfill some of my goals in this new world. The village behind my back, and the open view of the grasslands in my path, I walk into the distance.

A few hours later, when I couldn't see the village anymore, I sensed a presence. Though, I don't know if 'he' noticed that I already noticed him. It was impressive since it took me longer than usual for me to sense him. I had the map but I don't look at it that often. I won't tell him that though.

So, I decided to just keep on walking until he reveals himself or gets into trouble. But, I'm still going to keep an eye on him the whole time. It would make him downhearted if I caught him too easily after all his training after all. It was no problem to do both since I had the 'Aura Map' skill.