Chapter 16: Inheritance

*Creak*

The wooden door makes a sound like it hasn't been used for a long time..

"I'm home!(Tadaima)"

I'm greeted with silence..

That's right..

Master's not here anymore..

I might have said that out of habit..

Yeah, If I remember correctly, It was when I was usually coming home from hunting demonic beasts for its meat..

{"I'm home old man!"

"Ah, did you manage to catch even one [Demon Boar] today?"

"Of course, I'm counting on you for dinner old man!"

"Sure, sure..just leave it there and go wash up while I prepare the meal.."

"Alright"

"Oh, and Orion.."

"Yeah?"

"Welcome back(Okaeri)"}

And he'd have that goofy grin on his face whenever he said that..

Honestly, it was irritating..

But, to think I'll never go back to those days..

*Gururururu*

Okay, okay already..

Well, since I'm this hungry..

I ain't holding back on the ingredients!

I'm gonna make myself a feast!

Hmm? What am I talking about?

No, I mean I'm going to cook?

Unbelievable? Aren't I a NEET? Weren't I a lazy free-loader?

Honestly, I can cook you know? I think you're getting meaner every time..

I mean I watched Master cook these dishes I've never even tasted before..

So it's a given that I would be interested in learning how to do it myself..

Over the years, he trained me not just in fighting, but also the ways to survive..

And one of those things was cooking..

No, I still can't cook as well as him you know?

But I can puff out my chest with the skill level I have..

And I will put even more effort in the future to surpass Master's cooking..

And so, I took out all the ingredients we had on stock..

I mean, I can always hunt some more later..

Well, it is now noon..

I think I have all of it but just to be sure, I'll check..

I take into account the 100kg of [Demon Boar Meat], A bag of salt and pepper, Herbs and spices, Master's secret marinade and glaze, Vegetable oil, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and some aged wine that Master used to use when cooking every meal.. I think it's like cooking sake if I compared it to Japan standards..

And the vegetables here are not really called that here, I just name it that because it's easier for me to differentiate between them, and since they taste almost the same, there's barely any difference..

Well, let's start preparing..

First I take out a giant pot and fill it with water from the water crystal and boil it using the "improvised cooking stove" I made by using metal and fire crystals with charcoal..