Chapter 32: Glimmer Village

"Uuuu.."

"Guuuu..."

Moans and groans sounded right into both my eardrums..

Swung on my shoulders, unconscious were two grown men..

On my right was a blonde-haired guy wearing light chain mail armor, with a sword dangling from his waist..

While my other shoulder was occupied by a lean man with a freckled face, wearing a cloak-like poncho..

Why am I carrying these unconscious men you might ask?

Yes, this might seem strange since I normally would not care for these types of people and leave them behind..

But since this was mostly my fault, I decided to take responsibility and carry them back to recover..

I was currently walking along the snowy path back to their village..

They meaning, the people I met when I accused them after dealing with the [Snow Wind Beasts]..

My head hurts just thinking about it..

The two women were leading the way..

One was walking in front, scouting the area around us from time to time. She looked to be a flaxen-haired woman with brown eyes and light-brown skin. Her personality, as I had observed, was the outgoing type. Always walking in a straight line, cheerful, bluntly honest, and straightforward..

She was wearing leather clothes and armor, with only a small dagger and traps dangling from her waist..

The other was looking at the map in her hands, navigating the route back. Probably finding one of the safer paths to take in order to avoid danger in moving towards the village. She was walking one pace behind the outgoing girl, and directing the way since the road was blanketed in snow..

She looked to be the frail type, glossy, long brown hair, flowing down her back, stopping at her waist, had brown eyes, and light skin. If this was Japan, she would have been called a celebrity just basing on her looks and demeanor..

This woman was wearing a garb that nuns from the church would usually wear during those western medieval-age movies I used to see. On the right side of her hip, she was equipped with a short wooden wand with a silver cross at its tip. This led me to believe that she might be related to the church in this world..

It was strange that a religion close to Christianity was present in the other world, but since I didn't have enough information, I decided to leave it at that for the present time..

Apparently they weren't the ones who sent the beasts towards me, but they did lead them out of the forest..

I got strangely riled up for some reason that I didn't calm down and look at the facts..

Since what happened a few hours ago was..

{"Oi, don't clam up, answer the question!"}

I said in an angry tone..

It felt like I was doing an inquisition..

{"Ah, n-no, I, I mean we-"}

The girl was sniveling, trying to explain herself whilst wiping the tears from her face, while I pondered upon the situation. But suddenly, I felt an attack coming my way from a certain distance..

I moved my head back slightly, letting an arrow coated in green light whiz through the air in front of me..

When I followed its trail, I found a lean man holding a bow that had just been released, openly showing his displeasure at the sight of me dodging, clicking his tongue while he was at it..