VI

((Toris' pov))

The doctor said that Felix has to stay here until summer ends, or maybe for longer. I told him that he can use my clothes since his was destroyed. And since their house burned down, my mom invited him to stay with us for the summer. Mr Adem will be staying with Felix's mother since we don't have that much room for two extra people.
It's been two days since Felix has been told he has to stay here and he doesn't seem to know what to do.
It's morning and I wake up at the time I normally do so I can help out with chores. I walk down the steps to walk to the kitchen for breakfast when I see Felix on the couch, sitting up and wide awake. I could tell he didn't sleep because of the dark bags under his eyes.

"Felix, are you ok?" I ask, walking over to him, "why didn't you sleep?"
He doesn't even look up at me, he just hides in the blankets instead. Nothing, no answer. Well, I just he was just in a traumatizing event and is somewhere he doesn't really know. So maybe it's just expected? I'm never good with this type of thing.

"U-umm.... I'm going to go do chores.. I-if you want to come along to take you mind off of things?" I say, wanting him to feel better.

"Do you have ponies" I heard him mumble from under the blanket.

"Well, we have horses" I answer, his head slowly peeks up from under the blankets all around him. Now I can clearly see the dark circles under his eyes as well as his messy hair. He also looks like he's been crying.

"Here, I'm going to make breakfast, I'll also get you a wet washcloth for your face. Ok?" I try to say as calmly as I can. He nods slowly.

I get up and walk to the linnon closet and get a washcloth, going to the bathroom sink and getting it damp with cool water, then bringing it back to Felix. He takes it and covers his whole face, almost hiding himself from me. I then get clothes that I think he would fit then bring them down to him as well.

"Thanks" he said softly, I could barely not hear. I smile a bit and nod, walking over to the kitchen and start making breakfast for my family as well as Felix.
Pancakes
Ham
Oatmeal
You name it

--------------------------------------------------
Time skip
--------------------------------------------------

After breakfast I can already tell Felix is feeling better. He smiled for the first time since he's been here, he also ate all his food. Afterward he couldn't stop smiling as he was dragging me outside to do chores.

"Where's the stables?!" He said loudly, looking around.

"It's over there" I point to a place across the felds.

"But that's, like, so farrrrrr" he wines playfully, I smile and look over to the ATVs.

"Come on" I bring him over to the vehicle and hop on, patting the seat behind me. "Hop on!" He smiles and swings his leg over the seat, holding onto my torso tightly. I turn the throttle and it starts to go, I make it go faster until it's the highest it can go.
The smell of grass and the cool breeze is the best thing to wake up to. Seeing the blurs of crops as we fly past.