IX

(^thank you so much @oceansexual for this wonderful art of Felix with his hair up in a bun!!!^)

((Felix's POV))

We arises at the house just as someone else did, an older middle aged man wearing a tan button-up with matching tan shorts, a patch on his chest and his sleeve that said  "Postal Service." He looked over at us with just as much awkwardness as we looked over at him with confusion, his eyes glancing down to a small package and clipboard he had before looking back up to us. I looked over at Toris, this was his house after all, and I'm guessing he took it as something else because he moved to place me behind him, I'm not complaining of course, he's just too cute!

"Is a, uhh-" the mailman stuttered as he looked back down to his clipboard, "- Mr or Mrs Laurinaitis here? They need to sign off on a package." Toris nodded, taking my hand as he took me inside with him. His hand was so soft yet so rough and callused, warm too, if only he wasn't only just leading me inside. Of course, I'm probably not in the best shape for that.

"Mom, dad, a package is here!" Toris called out as entered the house. He left the front door open, but made sure to close the screen door behind us. His warm hand left my own as he reached up to take his hair out,

"I'm going to go shower before dinner, do you need anything?" He asked me in the sweet voice that makes my heart flutter, which in turn, makes me have to cough. I hear Toris sigh, not out of of annoyance, but more a sigh of sadness,

"I'll get you a glass of water, and set you up on the couch," I recognized that smile from earlier, from in the stables and I asked him what was wrong, and he just gave me that smile.

"Toris, after your shower, will you promise to tell me what was wrong? Ya know, like, from back at the stables.." I don't think he would tell me, and I was right, he was silent and kept his gaze to himself as he brought me to the couch and wrapped me up in all the soft blankets that were available to him. Toris left to go grab me a glass of water, and I sink into my cocoon of blankets as I look around. I caught the vary end of Toris' dad's and the mailman's conversation, just the polite thank yous before he closed the door.

"What is it?" I hear Toris ask from the other room, the same thing I was going to ask if I felt like I could speak without sounding like dying, or it hurting. His dad shrugs and pulls out a small pocket knife, quickly and efficiently slicing the tape that closed the box, then placing the box on the table and opening it. He looked right over to me once he saw what was inside, making me shrink more in the blankets.

"It's all the stuff the doctor prescribed for Felix," Mr.Laurinatis replied, taking out a few of those brightly colored orange bottles as well as a smaller box that most likely holds the inhaler. Now I'm completely hidden under the blankets. I hear footsteps walking over to me and I press into the blankets more, probably just looking like a mound of laundry on the couch. Well, that is until I hear the little tap of glass against the table beside the couch and I realized just how much my throat burned. I peeked back out to see Toris in front of me, reaching my hands out the top of the mountain of blankets where my head was peeking out and making a little grabby motion. I heard a soft laugh come from Toris, and it made me smile as he placed the glass of water right in my hands. I almost gulped down the whole thing, if it wasn't for the little drips that sorta missed and fell down my chin. He took the empty glass back and sets it down on the table,

"Ok, well, I'm going to go shower now. Will you be alright?" He asked as I sneaked back away in the blankets, just my eyes poking out. I nod, not wanting to give him to much burden or grief in asking for another glass, he needed to take care of himself too, and I was good for now.

Once he was gone and I was just left with his dad, I look over to him and poke my head out even more, "What's wrong with Toris?" I ask. He is his dad, he must know, right. "I mean, He seemed really down and gloomy once he came back from chores, like, really gloomy. And he keeps refusing to tell me what's wrong" I explain, mr Laurinaitis looking up at me from the piles of scattered paper he has in front of him.

"He's probably just worried, Felix," he answered, "He saved you, I bet he believes that your his responsibility to take care of. He doesn't want to see you hurt." This surprises me, and makes my cheeks feel hot. I didn't realize that I wasn't the only one to imagine him as my knight in shining armor, but he seems to take it way more seriously and prolonged. "I want you to start taking your medication tonight, better to start sooner then later. I think everyone will like to see you get better" he continued as he put his glasses back on and went back to his paperwork.

********************************
przeskok w czasie  (time skip)
********************************

Toris told me that he normally helped out with dinner, but since I was here and since he made breakfast this morning, he was allowed to hang out with me instead for the the calm time before dinner started. He sat beside me on the couch, my head laying on his shoulder as he had a book propped open in his lap, Hamlet. It was actually quite adorable, he was reading it to me after I said that I didn't understand Shakespeare all that well and that's why I failed my literature class last year, except for each character he used a different voice (except for Hamlet, which he just used his own voice), and he stoped every few lines to explain to me what was going on. How could I not absolutely adore this boy? It's almost like god came down here, pushed us together and told us just to get married already. I wouldn't mind that.

"Wait, Toris-" I mumbled quietly to him for him to stop reading, I wanted to tell him this before I forgot.

"-Nor shall you do mine ear that violence, To- hmm.? Yeah?" He stopped mid sentence, looking over at me in a worry. I smile to him,

"Exactly. You're so worried.. you don't have to be, ya know. Like, it's just me! I'll get better" I said with my smile hoping that will help, and to let him know that I'm alright. He didn't say anything for a few moments and quickly looked down, then let out a shaky sigh as if he's been holding his breath for all of those long silent moments, then he nodded in a  sincere understanding, then looked back down at the book,

"-Nor shall you do mine ear that violence, To make it truster of your own report Against yourself: I know you are no truant."