XII

(Felix's POV))

I kick my legs up as we fly down the hill. I couldn't help but to laugh and smile as chill of the morning wind hits my face, looking back at Toris to see him looking around me, and having the same joy on his face. I'm thankful that Mrs Laurinaitis put my hair up earlier, after seeing Toris' hair, I know my hair would be flying all over the place right now.
It's pretty much just fields everywhere, fields with small lines of trees in between, and one tree or two patched in throughout the fields.

"How far is it?" I had to yell in order for Toris to hear past the wind whistling past us. With the scenery that's around us, I'd be surprised if this town thing is a few miles away!

"Almost there!" He answered, out of breath. What? Almost there? How?! I thought nothing but fields were around us, but then I hear a sharp heavy loud whistle, definitely not the light whistles caused by the wind. A train. It caused me to jump a bit, making Toris laugh. "Hey! Don't laugh!" I just start to turn around to playfully glair at him a bit, but something catches my eye just as we start to peek over this next hill, something bright red.

I turned my head back forward, watching as buildings started to emerge from the top down. The tallest was a red church, then a navy library, then everything else started to show up, small shops pressed up against each other on either side of the street. It was like a small, baby home. Like, if my home city was a growing entity then this would be the cute baby version of it. Sidewalks emerged before the first building passed, and we rode on that sidewalk for a while, slow, sweet. This place is almost like a dream, like it shouldn't exist outside of a book or something like that. It smells of breads and other pastries when we pass some shops, some others it smells like stationary, leather, meat; one store was being repainted a nice olive, the nostalgic smell of paint filling my nose as we pass by. Entranced by the scenery around me, I didn't notice we pulled aside until Toris lightly tapped me, pulling me from my daze. I hop off of the handlebars, my butt being a bit asleep, but that's alright because that was probably one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. I brushed out my clothes of wrinkles, then intentionally offset the stretched out neck of the sweater for it to hang off my shoulder a bit. I did that while Toris chained up his bike to a nearby light post.

"Are you ready? I have a couple stores in mind that we can go to, but if you see anything you want to check out just say the word," Toris checked as he walked up to me, putting his hands in his pockets, of course creating a perfect teapot handle I just had to hold onto. I skip up to beside him as he walks, lightly clinging onto his arm once I catch up to him. He seemed flustered again, perhaps even more flustered then when I smooched him this morning! Felix- 3, Toris-1 (I count the Hamlet thing as a point for Toris because that's to cute NOT to count!), I'm still winning either way!

We continued walking like that, like a couple of cuties, until something shiny caught my eye in one of the windows of the stores. It's a skirt on a mannequin, light pink, iridescent,

"Toris! Toris, we gootttttaa go in there! I want it I wantit Iwantit!!" I finally brought his attention to the beautiful set up in the window, "I NEED it IneeditIneedit!!" I can hear Toris stifle a laugh as I lightly shake his arm.

"Alright alright lets go inside!" And with his permission I practically dragged him inside. Seeing all the wonderful things in this store. "Ok, this store is sorta expensive so not so-"

"Good morning, how may I help you two today?" Toris was interrupted by a woman, a slight woman who was now suddenly standing right in front of us, "are you two young men here to buy something for your mother? Sister perhaps?" Her smile was patronizing, I hated it.

"For me actually." I spoke up matter of factly, stepping forward just a small half step to prove to her I won't step down. I've had to learn, through many errors, to not step down and to seem strong; that's the only way to try to prevent anyone from feeling like they're bigger then me.

"Oh! Um, well-" She wasn't expecting this I bet, it showed as her patronizing smile turned to a panic on what to say. I looked back to Toris, even his eyes were wide, he probably wasn't expecting me to be so outright as well. "- you will be able to find things about your size in that section that way."

"Thank you miss." I extolled, giving her just a millisecond of that same patronizing smile she gave me before turning away and walking in the direction of the clothes that would fit me, firstly going right to that skirt.

————————————————————————————
I've tried on practically the whole store by now, just having about two more outfits to go. A beautiful black skirt with a red velvet crop top; I don't really know if this fits my style though.

"Toris, how does this look? I don't think-" I pulled the curtain back, and he wasn't there. I looked over to the side where the bench was, he wasn't there either. there were muffles coming out from the storefront, more angered sounding voices. I peeked around the corner from the dressing room hall to see a group of boys that I don't recognize, and then Toris.

"Come on Ivan! He's fine, it's fine, we don't have to do anything." A vary tall, lankier boy with these bent up wire framed glasses sitting a bit crooked on his nose insisted to a more brawny looking guy a bit shorter (but not short, still taller then most). He kept softly tugging at the wider boys sleeve to get him to stop, now I see that he's walking to Toris, and Toris looks terrified.

"Eduard, if you don't want it to happen, don't look." The boys voice was calm, perhaps even a bit upbeat. The other boy, Eduard, let go and backed away, a shorter boy with scruffy hair going to his side, mumbling amongst each other; then the littler guy looked to their leader,

"Toris didn't do anything wrong this time Ivan, please just-"

"He left m-.. he left us! He abandoned us, how do you expect me to treat him?" The kid they called Ivan, his voice sounded more upset now as he turned to face his two man gang. I didn't know what I was expecting other then what quickly happened next. As Ivan turned back to face Toris, his fist collided with his cheek. It happened so fast. The next thing I know, Toris is on the ground holding his hand to his face, and Ivan's hand was hanging at his side with his knuckles bloody and starting to bruise. He must have hit him hard.

Oh hell no.

Not to my prince,
Not to my Toris.