One

Her heel scuffed the ground as she walked along the side of the building. One hundred eighty days a year, the same damn walk seeing the same damn things. She used to love them. She used to love the whole city. Now she just saw it.  Sometimes she found beauty in it but other times, she discovered the bad park of blocking everything bad out, the good went too.
Once she was in her apartment she dropped her bag by the door next to Liv and James's usual spots for their bags. She filled her plastic water bottle with water and sat down on the couch, taking a long sip. Upon placing it down, she rolled up and shut her eyes, only to be disturbed by a loud knock. With a grunt, she stood back up answer it. In front of her stood her former friend and teacher.
"Riley, what are you doing here?" She asked, putting her head on her aching head.
"You look like you were hit by a bus."
"Ya, that's happened but I recovered."
"I just mean you look sick. And I never heard about that?"
"What have you?"
"Well- really nothing. You're an art student."
"Ya, you've knew that before."
"Well, when you're not one, you don't know much about them."
"Ya, just a bunch if nobody's."
"Half the schools in art classes."
"Half of them are required to take at least two to graduate. Why are you here?"
"Because I saw your art, Maya."
"You what?"
"In the art room."
"Oh. Well, okay. Bye." Cory put his hand on the door.
"And we're concerned." She raised her eyebrows.
"Concerned? Ya okay." She tried to shut it again.
"Maya! It was the drawing of the girl about to hang herself." Maya had draw a girl from the side standing on a stool with a sweater and skirt, her hands reaching forward, gripping a rope hanging from the tree, tied to kill the one who rested their head in the rope.
"That ones not mine."
"Well, you didn't sign it but your teacher says you never sign anything. " "I spoke to her. She knows what's yours. She knows that's yours." Said Cory.
"Besides, I'd recognize your drawings anywhere."
"Nice seeing you."
"Why do you want us to leave so badly?" Maya shook her head.
"Leave me alone." This time she shut the door without being stopped.
-

Distractionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें