Six

"Mom, why are you crying?" Topanga shakes her head.
"I'm not."
"Yes you are." Says Riley. I slouch even more, trying to disappear within myself.
"This is gonna sting. Do you want to do it?" I nod as he passes me the cloth and place it on my knee, gritting my teeth. I wonder how long ago Mrs.Matthews found out. Maybe just after Lucas called Mr.Matthews. I hate that everyones looking at me and Riley's parents with the most pity.
"My legs fine." I mumble, taking the cloth off.
"Maya." Says Mr.Matthews.
"I'm fine." I say, standing.
"Maya, sit." I don't but go into the hallway, feeling a hand on my shoulder turn me back around.
"What was that about?" Asks Lucas.
"Just leave me alone?"
"Maya! Why did you black out? Mrs.Matthews looks like she just found out you were going to die and Riley and I are confused." Ha, that's actually kinda funny.
"I'm totally fine."
"We all know that means you're not."
"So maybe I'm not the healthiest person in the world. But it's nothing that you should even think about."

3rd POv
"Of course I'm gonna think about that. I'm worried out of my mind about you. I have no clue what's going on."
"Lucas, you know better then anyone, I'm not worth the worry." She turned into the bathroom and locked the door, sitting down on the floor.
"What did that mean, Maya? Of course you are. Did I hurt you?" There was no answer. He tested the nob. "Maya?" Nothing. So he left.

"Hey, huckleberry." Said Maya, catching up to him in the hallway.
"Bitch." He mumbled.
"What?"
"I called you a bitch. You're selfish."
"I am?"
"People worry and you push them away. Maybe there isn't anything wrong with you. You're just too obsessed with people paying attention to you."
"How did you get this from what I said yesterday?"
"Face it, Maya. There's always something going on with you. You make a huge deal out if your dad when some people don't even have dads."
"You have no clue what it's like and I-"
"Save it. No one cares, Maya. You're just trying to make people feel bad for you." Maya stopped and faced him and so did he.
"You really think that?"
"If something was really wrong, you would come to us. And I'd be able to tell, anyways." Maya chuckled a but and looked back up at him.
"Fuck you." She said with a smile before stepping away so Cory was now in full sight.
"You're not gonna punish her?"
"Oh, I will. Lucas, do you regret any of what you just said?"
"No. Not yet. But I probably will. I created this whole thing in my head last night."
"Get out of your head." Lucas shook his head.
"It's too late. Maybe if it wasn't just me she will learn a lesson." Cory sighed as he walked away.
-
"So. What was your punishment?" Asked Lucas as Maya flipped to the next page of her math homework during lunch.
"For what?"
"Swearing at me." She chuckled a bit.
"Mr.Matthews isn't my father and cursing in the hallway isn't technically against school rules so I can swear my head off if I want. Maybe I will now. What the fuck are you doing over here?"
"Guess I was right about you." He said, pushing away and going back to his side of the table.