Chapter Twenty Four: Messing With Memories

I had knocked Ayato out cold, because he wasn't expecting me to react so quickly.

"On the count of three." Aidan whispered. "One-"

"THREE!" I burst through the door. 

There, sitting at an oak table, was a girl in bandages and a pink dress hoodie thing and a man wearing a white coat with a high collar and a red half mask that covered the lower part of his face. He had white hair while the girl had messy green hair.

I tried to knock out Tatara but he was too quick and avoided all the punches and kicks I threw at him. I had my Main mask on, the mask that belong to Unknown Mystery, whose Kagune was all four combined.

"We have been expecting you." Eto sang.

"Gah!" I jumped over Tatara to dodge an attack.

I signaled  to Aidan and he struck Tatara through the torso, except the male ghoul moved in time so the blade just hit his shoulder. 

"Eto, make this easy and surrender." I said, changing my voice to that of a boy's.

"No need to pretend to be who you are not." she said in a sing song voice. That pissed me off.

"Shut up!" I hissed, no longer caring about disguising my voice.

I charged at Eto full force. Either way, I'd erase their memories. I got kicked in the stomach and was flung towards the door. Unfortunately for Ayato, he was at the door at that exact moment. I slammed into him, throwing us both out of the room.

I got up quicker than the eye could see. 

"Aidan!" I shouted, about to run back into the room. Before I could, Ayato grabbed my arm and used his Kagune to pin me down.

Ayato had a black mark left to show where I'd punched him.

"Get. Off!" I yelled, trying to get my own Kagune out.

"Stop squirming." Ayato growled.

I couldn't use my Kagune. So, instead I used a mix of my enhanced strength and the fact that Ayato was on top of my to my advantage. 

If Max heard about this, he'd kill Ayato.

I kneed Ayato hard in that area. Again. He recoiled in shock and pain so I pushed him off and quickly knocked  him for good. Last time, I didn't punch him hard enough.

I wiped any memory he had of Aidan and checked if he had anything in his mind about headquarters.

Clean.

I sat up then remembered, my brother was in a room with a SS~ rating ghoul and a SSS Rating ghoul...

"AIDAN!!" I yelled, running into the room.

Blood plastered the walls. Aidan was in the corner, knocked out and bleeding. The Tatara was lying on the ground, dazed. Eto was sitting on the table, her legs swinging to and fro.

I guess that Aidan had managed to take Tatara's memories before being knocked out by Eto.

"Eto Yoshimura." I glared daggers at her for hurting my brother. I knew Aidan's body could regenerate on it's own and the cuts had already stopped bleeding.

He'll be ok. Concentrate on the ghoul in front of you. A voice in my head told me. 

Have you ever heard of the voice of reason? Well, I believe that this was my voice of reason reasoning with me.

I was still pissed at Eto for hurting Aidan.

"JUST STAY STILL!!" I allowed my anger to get the better of me. NOT a good idea.