Chapter Twenty Eight: Crystal Rivers High School

~~~~

I stood outside the principle's office with Aidan. James and Jack were doing other things and Kyra and Kyle were in another school.

Here, we have different surnames. So I'm now Alecxis Anderson. And Aidan was Aidan Davis, no relation of Alecxis Anderson.

"Here we go." I breathed.

"Calm down. It's not like he's going to bite your head off." Aidan reassured me.

"Whatever. When we get out of this, I don't know you. You don't know me. Ok?"

"Ok."

~~~~

I was in Home Economics at the moment.

I could hear whispers among other students but I ignored the negative comments.

Class didn't go fast. It went very slow. By the time it was over, I could have done about nine reports for H.Q. but no. I have to stay in school.

Look on the bright side, at least I get a do over.

"Hey Alecxis!" Mika called my name from down the hall.

"Hi Mika! How's it going?" I asked.

"Good. Why do you keep leaving and coming back?"

"Eh. Well, my mom and dad are divorced and since I'm an only child, I go backwards and forwards." I lied.

I hated lying and I hated lying about my mom and dad. I missed my mom terribly and I hate my dad with all my heart, for ditching us when mom died giving birth to Kyra.

"Oh. Sorry, I forgot."

"No. It's fine."

"Well, let's go get lunch!" Mika grabbed my hand and dragged me to the cafeteria.

When we stepped into the room, I immediately saw Aidan. He was a popular guy here so he was always surrounded by others. 

Of course, when we are here, Aidan is handsome, fantastic at sports, gets good grades and all of that. I'm a straight A student but less popular. I am athletic, but compared to Aidan, I'm not that good. 

This is all just fake because in real life, when we have matches in Magic Academy, everyone plays like champions. Here on Earth, if we were to play at our best, we'd be too fast, too skilled and too good to be matched.

That's why we fake it all.

"Earth to Alecxis!"  Mika was waving a hand in my face.

"What?" I questioned.

"You spaced out while looking at Aidan. I think that-"

"NO!" I shouted, afraid she'd say what I think she'd say.

"Ok ok. Sorry. It's just whenever you space out, it's when you stare at Aidan."

God. If only she knew. 

"It's nothing." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Alright.. Anyway, we'd better get our food."

~~~~

I was at the gym with Mika. We had most of our classes together, except Maths and English.

"We're gunna win! We have you AND Aidan!" Mika cheered.

We were about to play a game of dodge ball. On my team was:

Myself
Mika
Aidan
Carl
Samantha
Alana
Julia
Victor
Joey
Kelly
Ethan
Tori
Daniel
Dante
Amber