Chapter 3

"Cinderkit, you're crazy!  You're gonna get us in trouble."  Breezekit hissed. 
           "You don't have to come.  But I'm going to be a warrior."   Cinderkit replied sharply. 
          "She cats can't be warriors."
          "Just because there's never been one doesn't mean there will never be one." 
          "Actually, it does."  A new voice growled.  Breezekit and Cinderkit stiffened.  Darn it!  Caught!  They turned to see Nightwhisker standing over them. "Kits shouldn't be trying to sneak out of camp. Especially she kits." He growled harshly.
"Well I think she cats should be allowed to be warriors!" Cinderkit spat defiantly at the large tom.
"Well it doesn't matter what she cats think. This is Clan Law. It won't be changed because a kit thinks it should."
"This is unfair!"
"Too bad." Nightwhisker roughly snatched Cinderkit up by her scruff and carried her out into the clearing. Breezekit followed in terror. Nightwhisker dropped Cinderkit on the ground. The Clan gathered around the kit, staring in confusion at her.
"Cats of Dewclan! This she kit thinks she knows better than our leaders and the Laws they made."
Shocked gasps sounded around the clearing.  Ruststar padded through the crowd to tower over Cinderkit.  
          "Is this true?"  He narrowed his eyes.
          "N-no!  I-I just thought that-" Cinderkit stumbled over her words.
         "She thinks that she cats should be allowed to train as warriors!"  Nightwhisker snarled.  More noise broke out around them.  This time, they were not shocked gasps, but furious caterwauling. 
          "She must be punished!"
          "Banish her!"
          "Teach her respect!"
          "Let an apprentice show her why she cats can't be warriors!"   They screeched.  Cinderkit shrank in horror.