Chapter 8

"What are you doing?!" Breezepaw gasped. "First you defy Clan Law again, now this?!"
"Shut up. This doesn't involve you." Cinderpaw glared at her sister. There. Done. She looked in humor at the rabbit that lay at her paws. She had stuffed it with mouse bile and planned on giving it to Stonepaw. She hoped to give one to Nightwhisker next. Then maybe even Ruststar. They all deserve it. They treat us like dirt. Now that her job was done, it was time to bring it to Stonepaw.
She picked it up carefully in her jaws and padded over to where Stonepaw and Thunderpaw lay talking.  "Uh... Stonepaw?"  She began meekly. 
          His head whipped around as he heard her voice. "What do you want, she-kit?" He sneered.   Thunderpaw looked at them cautiously.  
         "Should I go...?"  He asked.
         "Why?"  Cinderpaw and Stonepaw questioned.
         "Well, it's obvious that you two need some time alone to talk and-"
         "Are you trying to say that we're a-" Cinderpaw's mouth gaped.  
         "Thunderpaw!  I can't believe you think that we like each other!"  Stonepaw shrieked.   "You little-"
         "Anyways, I know that we didn't really get off to the right start, so I brought you a mouse."  Cinderpaw smiled softly.  She looked over at Thunderpaw to see him staring smugly at them.  Cinderpaw couldn't help letting her fur bristle with fury.  
          "Well... I guess it couldn't hurt..." 
          As Stonepaw bent to take a bite, Cinderpaw started backing away slowly.  Stonepaw sunk his sharp teeth into the rabbit.   Cinderpaw dashed away as she saw the look of disgust and fury in Stonepaw's eyes as the mouse bile ran swiftly into his mouth.  His face twisted with rage and he spat out his mouthful.  He snarled and leaped toward Cinderpaw.  Cinderpaw was already hiding from the enraged tom.  She had this perfect place behind the nursery. 
            Stonepaw was pacing around the camp screeching, "Where is that little maggot?!" 
           The cats in the clearing were staring at him like he was crazy. 
          "Cinderpaw! I can't believe you!"  Cinderpaw stiffened as a voice hissed behind her.  She turned to see Breezepaw glaring viciously as her.  
          "He earned it."
          "Do you realize that Stonepaw is closer and kinder to me than you are?!"
          "You're hardly more than a kit.  He hates me.  Do you really want to be with a cat who wants to kill your sister?"
         "With how you've been acting lately, I won't mind it!"  With that, Breezekit dashed out from behind the nursery with a yowl.