Insert: A Brief Short Scene for Tony and Author's Note

Don't worry it's just a commercial guys

I was having writers block for this story and so I decided to work on some other Avenger women (wink wink coming soon wink wink) and I just thought I would give you guys a little sneak peek for something else I've been working on. Mostly because I didn't want you guys to fret about me not updating. I'm sorry.

Tony: "Daddy's Okay"

"Lia...honey..." Tony sniffled and kneeled down so that he was Lily's height. "You're gonna stay with Auntie Nat for a few days okay?" He wiped his eye.

Lily, sensing her father's depressed state, nodded slowly. "Daddy, why are you crying..." She said lowly.

Her father squeezed his eyes shut and let out a painful sigh, tears threatening to fall again. "It's...nothing. Daddy's okay, Lily."

Lia's nose began to twitch, which meant she was about to cry. "No you're not daddy."

Tony looked his small daughter in the eyes. She had his eyes. She had his insight, and she had his intelligence...but she was so innocent. Seeing her genuinely upset, in tears, it made him feel like the world was messed up. It had to be if it had the ability to make something so perfect, someone so perfect upset.

She would be beyond upset...she would break if she knew what he knew. If she knew that her mother was lying in the next room half dying, or if she knew that her little newborn, premature brother wasn't going to make it through the night. It would break her. It had broken him.

It wasn't something he could hide from her.

He blinked as the tears let themselves fall down his cheeks at their own will. "...No...I'm not." His voice cracked and that was it for the little girl. She burst into tears just as he burst into tears. She was sad because he was sad. She was scared because he was scared. It was uncanny.

Lily pushed herself into her father's arms and buried her face in his chest. "Daddy don't..." She hiccuped. "Don't cry daddy."

The two continued to bawl in the middle of the short, empty white corridors of the hospital. Neither could stop. It was brought down upon them like rain--unexpected.

As Tony's tears began to cease, he moved to kiss his daughter on the top of the head. "I love you, Lily."

"I love...you too." She hiccuped between her sentence, her voice still muffled by his shirt.

"Daddy's okay, Lia. Daddy's okay..." He mumbled softly, rubbing her back.

He hoped that she would believe a lie so obvious at this. For her sake, and his.

Happy Father's Day.
•••

I hope you liked that because I dried out my tear ducts while making it *cue in sarcastic smile*

Please comment. I like you guys' opinions. I love them.

Author's Note:

Okay so I'm officially out of school (yay I didn't flunk) so that means *gasp* more updates? Oh shoot! You should be expecting some new chapters coming on pretty soon!

As for my DC fans waiting for that new book that I've been hinting on...*insert cricket chirps* Its coming in July.

Love you all!

-BLS