38 | Everything With You

•••

•••

January 1st.

Waking up covered in fluffy white was funny enough to sort of laugh quietly into my pillow.

There was something about all the pillows that made him comfortable, he had enough to suffocate himself in.

I adored him tremendously, I was ever so fond of the way he looked so at peace when he slept. I pushed myself up a bit on my elbows, smiling softly at him. Steve was always a heavy sleeper. I had no idea how he could've been, but he was. He was sleeping on his stomach with an arm loosely draped over my torso, having had pulled me close sometime in the night.

I picked up his hand and gave him a soft kiss on his knuckle before slipping out of the bed.

"Morning, sweetness." Romeo was lying by the bed, so on my way to the bathroom, I leaned down to rub the top of his little head.

New Year's Day. Not super exciting, it was a new year, I wouldn't say that I would change very much...I had the resolution to keep my shit together and not spiral into an endless loop of depression. Hopefully, it would work out well.

I peeled off my tank top and my underwear and stepped into the shower, letting the hot water wash over me with relief.

I'd been feeling good for the past few days, happy. Like no one could take the smile from my face. I was giddy and in an excellent mood. I was nice to Tony, I was compliant during meetings, I felt good all around.

And I had someone to blame for it.

In the middle of rinsing the shampoo from my hair, I heard the door open and close. "Mind if I join you?"

I grinned a bit. Speak of the devil. "I don't see why not."

After a few moments, I felt his familiar calloused palms on my waist and lips on my cheek. "Good morning."

"Morning." I smiled lightly. "Happy New Year."

He chuckled a little. "Happy New Year. Any plans?"

I turned around to take in his rather wet exterior and his charming grin.

"Perhaps..." I pulled him more so under the shower head. He gave a light laugh as I kissed him on the lips, brushing his wet hair back. He surprised me by lifting me, making me give a nervous little sound and I laugh, steadying myself with my hand on the wall behind him. "Drop me and I'll kill you." I giggled into him.

"Sorry, it's a habit." He responded comically.

"Can we go to the park?" I inquired, brushing my teeth and looking at him.